's are ****ing cheap on ebay

i know that with jcm's the ones from 81-83 are the best and the 84-87 are mediocre and the 88's are eh, or something along those lines. the point is thre are certain years when the amps are in their prime and when they are not

my question is what years should i look for with the twin and what years should i avoid

obviously try to get a blackface but just which ones are the worst?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

anything with a master volume is bad. At some point they also started making them 100 watts and greater, avoid those. all others are pretty great.

i hope you know these are very loud amps.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
alright out of curiosity what makes them bad
?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

TBH i dont know what it is thats different that makes them bad, but i know the ones ive played have just sounded bad.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
okay well are they bad or just not as amazing?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
alright out of curiosity what makes them bad
?

something to do with CBS. CBS did a lot of crap to fender stuff while they owned the company. Things like taking out the strat's 2nd tone control and replacing it with a SG style front-mount output jack so they didn't have to invest the extra cash in making the traditional strat output jacks anymore. I'm not sure what exactly it is that they did to the master volume twin reverbs, but i've heard one and it didn't sound anywhere near as good as the non-master volume models.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Isn't an amp without a master volume dangerous to hearing? I mean, how do you actually control it from bleeding ears?
Quote by BrickIsRed
Isn't an amp without a master volume dangerous to hearing? I mean, how do you actually control it from bleeding ears?

There's this thing called a Volume knob that's still on non-master volume amps, it's useful.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Stay away from later Silver-face amps. Post '72ish - '73, they changed some componants within the amps that changed some of the sounds and what not.

Early blackface amps are generally good. If you want Blackface tone without the price tag, try to score an early '70s Silverface. Those can be easily converted to Blackface specs.
try googling this stuff, im sure there are hundreds of web pages out there that can help you even more.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I work in a music store have played probably about 20 twins..heres the scoop...obviously the best sounding ones are the 60's blackface twin reverbs however for the price those amps go for i think your better of getting a 65' reissue (stay away from anything with a silver face unless its a 68 because the 1968 silver faces had pretty much the same circuit and no master volume, ive played modded silverface twins and they were alright but the silverfaces with a master volume sound like dog dick) also stay away from the 100w twins the evil twins and all those other bull**** 80's twins. fender started a line of 65' blackface reissue twins in 1992 and they still make them today.. the early 90's twin reissues sound great and you can get one for about 800 bucks (I have a 93 and i love it) but they dont have jensens they have eminence speakers the twin reverb reissues fender makes now have jensons and so are a little better but they go for around 1299.99 new sooo **** that. i would go with an early 90's (made in usa) blackface twin reverb reissue unless you can afford the extra bucks for a new one with jensons

p.s. on a tube amp the higher the volme the more the speakers are gonna break up and the tubes are gonna be hotter creating natural tube overdrive i.e. the louder the amp is the more distortion your gonna hear this is what happens on a non master volume twin....twins with a master volume have a pre and a post vol stage for the tubes so you can kind of get the overdrive at lower volumes but it cuts your tone in half and its for vaginas anyways...if you dont want your ears to bleed on a non master volume twin but you want overdrive use a pedal....duuh it will sound better and you will have more control over your amp