I need help finding what amps can be heard when someone is playing drums.
What is the minium wattage ?
If you could recommend any amps for bass and guitar that are good and affordable don't hesitate to name a few.
Thanks in advance.
What do you mean playing over drums....
If its at a gig its different than practicing in a small rehearsal space where volume is limited and the drummers using mutes/dampeners
GEAR worth mentioning
GUITAR: XPT700 SOON AGILE INTERCEPTORPRO725
AMP: TRAYNOR YCV50BLUE
EFFECTS: BOSS ME-50 | MXR-109 6-Band Graphic EQ
holy crap use the search bar. there have been over 312,000 threads about this in the last two months.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by RhapsodyOfIce
lol..... like 20 watts+ in SS is loud enough to play over drums O_O

I was in this band about 4 years ago and I had a Peavey Envoy 110 (40 watt SS) and during practice I couldn't be heard over the drums to save my life.
Quote by RhapsodyOfIce

Maybe if your drummer plays EXTREMELY quiet.

I say 60W SS, 15W tube (maybe) 20-30W being safe.

For bass, if you playing with others besides drums, 100W is really pushing it, my friend has a Rumble 100 and I can't hear it at all when we're playing with a drummer. I'd say for a band situation, 200W is decent.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
^My friend gets by with a 220W bass amp when we play...I'd say 200W is the bare minimum to really be heard and fill out the mix, for bass.

Yeah for sure, when I used to be in a band, our bassist had a 300W stack and he had that thing at 3 o'clock 90% of the time and my amp was only at maybe 8 o'clock, and I could still barely hear him half the time over our drummer
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah for sure, when I used to be in a band, our bassist had a 300W stack and he had that thing at 3 o'clock 90% of the time and my amp was only at maybe 8 o'clock, and I could still barely hear him half the time over our drummer

jeez, haha. im glad we have a huge PA with subs, so our bassplayer goes throught the PA too. and also, when i used to play in a country band, or bass player used a 50 watt amp, but he would face the cab against the wall behind us, and it would bounce back and filled the room. it sounded HUGE. it was awesome.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Yeah, that's about where we have it nao. Well, if we get any louder, we're just gonna get an extension cab. With the cab, it'll be 300W, for whatever reason. Solid states and impedance confuse me.
Quote by RhapsodyOfIce

nooo lol i was in a metal / thrash band and i tryed to play with my 20 watt peavey and u couldnt even hear a hum of the amp
at least 50 i would say
vintage metal axxe reaper
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310