ok so im having a fairly hard time picking between two guitars. and they're fairly different styles, so that makes it harder.

Im looking at the Schecter Avenger Hellraiser (or possibly the C-1 FR, i just gotta decide if i want a FR or not) and the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top.

I have a VOX AD50VT amp, and i play pretty much everything. I go from GNR, blink-182, Avenged sevenfold, metallica, ACDC, Alkaline Trio... I think with my tase in music (which i pretty much like a littel bit of literally everything) im going to need either 2-3 guitars or one seriously versitle one.

anyway, i got this coupon from ebay for 10% off and this guy is selling new avengers with a nice hardshell case for $700, making it $630 for me so thats the same as the Epi with a hardshell case (550+80case=630)

so which do i choose?
The Epi will be so much more versatile, but obviously if you like the schecter more then get that.
I'd say the Les Paul just because you play many different genres and the Les can do all the bands you stated. Plus The Hellraiser is mainly for metal and all its subgenres.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
I'd go for the Epi.......

More versatility
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
i have an epi and its pretty awesome, its very versatile, but my only gripe is that its not that good for playing metal, big neck, medium frets, and poor fret reach. if you aernt really into shred then id go with the les paul but if youre gonna wanna play the high notes go with the scheter. both are awesome guitars
ok, i was kinda leaning toward the Epi. Thats the one that I've wanted for a while, and most of my favorite bands seem to use LPs. i just really like the looks of teh avenger and i love a7x. I think ill just go with the epi. and maybe save up and buy the avenger whenever they make the production models with FRs (i cant afford the prototype ones)
i would like to shred but im just not good enough to right now. i do have a Jackson JS-30 DKT right now, and its got a pretty thin neck. so i want to practice shredding on a slimmer neck i can use that.
Just use the Jackson for shred. And get the Epi.

Problem solved!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
ok, im gonna be the pain the butt and ask same question but different guitar. Epiphone Les Paul Standard, vs USED Gibson SG special faded. which would better serve my needs for the music i play.

i love both of them looks wise, so just need to know which would better serve me. i would assume the gibson would sound better, since it has nice pick ups and all.
Quote by jusfuris
ok, im gonna be the pain the butt and ask same question but different guitar. Epiphone Les Paul Standard, vs USED Gibson SG special faded. which would better serve my needs for the music i play.

i love both of them looks wise, so just need to know which would better serve me. i would assume the gibson would sound better, since it has nice pick ups and all.

No the Epi would be WAaaaaaaaaay better my friends Faded Sg sucks horribly
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
No the Epi would be WAaaaaaaaaay better my friends Faded Sg sucks horribly

I actually think the Faded SG sounds quite nice. And it also plays really well. It dents really easily though, so I can't see it lasting you a super long time.

And why is that Epiphone so expensive? The plus tops are supposed to be $450... There's no way that case is worth $180