I bought Custom Shop '69 pickups from Musiciansfriend.com, a few pots, a new pickguard... but when I sat down with my soldering iron and the diagram for my Strat, something was wacky, the wiring inside my guitar was too complicated; S-1 Switching, the humbucker and capacitors wiring were all out of wack from the diagrams I'm supposed to go by.

So, the story... I just got back from the local music shop, where I dropped off my guitar with all the stuff I bought to get them installed. The whole time I was there, the owner didn't stop giving me **** for not buying the stuff from him. I felt really bad, but I don't know why; if I bought from him, the pickups were likely to be like 75 more bucks and I know it. The entire time, he had something to say to make me feel guilty about not buying there.

What kinda ticks me off is last week, I bought a Boss DD-3 from him for 150 bucks. You can get one for 109 with free shipping on Musiciansfriend.

Whats your diagnosis, pit? Is my guilt justified?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Nah, you're fine, just ignore him. He's just trying to reel you in for higher prices so he can make money.
As I always say: "Rawr"
Maybe the guilt is partly because you know he could be right.

Trust me, I've bought some stuff off the internet recently that DID NOT work as advertised (not guitar related, computer stuff) and to be honest if I now have the option of talking to real human-beings and going to a shop, I always choose it for particular purchases. They can even order stuff in, usually.

It's worth paying the extra for support and peace of mind, imho.
nope

if the stores want to survive they have to get used to the wonder that is the Internet
Quote by seljer
nope

if the stores want to survive they have to get used to the wonder that is the Internet

Stores offer things that "internet" cannot provide, such as face to face contact and support and so on. Though you raise a valid point there.
nah man dont. your just saving money.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
the diagnosis is that your retarded for feeling guilty and kill the owner of that store
Next time ask them if they do price matching.

EDIT: I always tell my local store that I got some stuff from a friend or bought it used if they ask why I didnt buy from them :0
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Jackolas
Stores offer things that "internet" cannot provide, such as face to face contact and support and so on. Though you raise a valid point there.

Well thats the thing. I want a healthy relationship with my local tech for obvious reasons. I stop by there every week.

But at the same time I don't want to spend too much money. And it seems like I have to pick one or the other right now.

I guess the right way to go is to become my own tech, and buy off the internet.
-Jim Morrison
guilt is a needless human emotion. dont worry bout it dude, hes obviously a prick who wants ur money, nothing else.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Well thats the thing. I want a healthy relationship with my local tech for obvious reasons. I stop by there every week.

But at the same time I don't want to spend too much money. And it seems like I have to pick one or the other right now.

I guess the right way to go is to become my own tech, and buy off the internet.

I understand the exact dilemma you are in. Sometimes though you need external advice closeby or directly infront of you, and there is no doubt that shops often offer this much better than websites or technical support overseas.

I just have the opinion that if you run into a problem with something, it's harder (and can be very stressful) to get it sorted over the net than through a shop.

Edit - Considering you went back to him for his service and to put that little bundle together, he should have perhaps been grateful/more grateful though.
Quote by Jackolas
I understand the exact dilemma you are in. Sometimes though you need external advice closeby or directly infront of you, and there is no doubt that shops often offer this much better than websites or technical support overseas.

I just have the opinion that if you run into a problem with something, it's harder (and can be very stressful) to get it sorted over the net than through a shop.

Edit - Considering you went back to him for his service and to put that little bundle together, he should have perhaps been grateful/more grateful though.

Yeah dude. I pretty much just gave him everything he needed, and said "I'll pay you to put it together."

No more guilt. =)
-Jim Morrison
Thats kind of a jerky thing to do. If this guy wants your business he shouldn't act like a wanker.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Quote by meganh37
How much are you paying him to put the stuff together?

I'm not sure. They tell you when it's done.

****ty deal innit.
-Jim Morrison