Who's better?

Personally i love Richard Hell as i find him inspirational as a front man and bassist but television were technically better.
I think the Voidoids were just as technically proficient as Television, but made their approach in a different way.
I'm gonna have to vote for Richard Hell, as my allegiance lies solely with him; after Bowie of course. I respect Richard Hell as not only a great front man and bassist, but as a poet and an author. He's brilliant.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
I think the Voidoids were just as technically proficient as Television, but made their approach in a different way.
I'm gonna have to vote for Richard Hell, as my allegiance lies solely with him; after Bowie of course. I respect Richard Hell as not only a great front man and bassist, but as a poet and an author. He's brilliant.

fair f*cking play
As much as I love the Voidoids, I think I prefer Television because the guitars blow my mind. The Voidoids might have been as good technically, but I just prefer what Verlaine and Lloyd did with their skills. But, as for singing, I much prefer Hell to Verlaine.
And also, I think every song on Marquee Moon is great, while there are a few songs on Blank Generation that I don't really like.
It's a tie!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Small edge goes to the Voidoids. Bob Quine is one of my favorite guitarists, and I find his and Ivan Julian's stuff on Blank Generation to be just as interesting as Verlaine and Lloyd, if just in a different way.
**** dis

Neon Boys ftw
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by mbbmalcolm
And also, I think every song on Marquee Moon is great, while there are a few songs on Blank Generation that I don't really like.

That's funny, because I feel the opposite. There are a few on Marquee Moon that don't hit with me, but Blank Generation is like the Qur'an.

but yeahyeah is right: Neon Boys FTW!
DOWN&OUT
Quote by blackflag49
this is like asking which one of your children you prefer...

i'll pick television.

Naw, this is way harder. When I have kids, I'll be quick to evaluate them and pick out the "Meg" of the family.
I prefer the Voidoids.
Both bands were technically proficient. Television sounds a lot tighter, and everything fits together neatly. Everything about them fits together perfectly. The drums are so tight, the bass lines are awesome, and Verlaine and Lloyd's guitar licks are beautiful.
The Voidoids sound much more choatic and sloppy IMO, which is what appeals to me more. They're not as clean as Television, they sound much more raw and crazy (more p0nx oi oi oi).

That being said, I love both bands.
i prefer television

im just going off of marquee moon and blank generation albums that i own, cause i havent heard any other stuff from them
pfft **** ya'll Television ftw
They're all ugly and that's more appealing than them 'pretti' boiz.

Quote by Doolittle
pfft **** ya'll Television ftw
They're all ugly and that's more appealing than them 'pretti' boiz.

Excuse me, but Richard Lloyd is a qt.
Aww, do I have to chose? I guess I'd have to give the edge to the Voidoids, but only because I prefer Hell's singing. It's really a shame that Television didn't record when he was in the band.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
see thats weird, a lot of people are saying they prefer hells singing
i think verlaines is perfect for television, and hells is perfect for the voidoids
television with a different voice wouldnt work as well imo
Quote by civildp1
Aww, do I have to chose? I guess I'd have to give the edge to the Voidoids, but only because I prefer Hell's singing. It's really a shame that Television didn't record when he was in the band.

listen to the neon boys, it's like the best of both worlds
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=201280385
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Television are technically really great, but I don´t really like Verlaine´s voice, it´s not bad, but it isn´t really good either. The Voidoids are crazier and more punk in their music.

I still choose Television, but it rather depends on my mood which band I prefer.
Quote by civildp1

They did, to some extent. They recorded a few demos with Brian Eno. I have them and they're excellent. You can hear Richard Hell do some backing vocals.
DOWN&OUT
voidoids ftw
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.