I have a Bugera 333XL head hooked up to a Bugera (unsure of model) cabinet. I got it just recently, new, and it has worked great until now. I turned on the power switch today, and waited the usual amount of time I wait, (60 seconds) and looked into the head to see if the tubes had heated up or anything. None of the usual orange glow you get when something is heated.

I'm not sure what could have caused this besides turning the power off too quick after turning off the standby, which I've been told doesn't affect the tubes alot. I've tried unplugging everything and cleaning the ends, and plugging it back in, and still nothing.

Can anyone help or suggest something to try?

Edit: the power light IS coming on.

Edit#2:Haha, problem solved. It's still under the thirty day return policy. Thanks for all the help though.
Last edited by deathgrind! at Jul 22, 2008,
Check the fuse. If it blew, put a new one in. If it blows again, buy new tubes. I realize you got it recently, but spending money on new tubes with the Bugera amps will generally save you a LOT of problems.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Are there any indications of power getting through...such as a power light or maybe a hum? If not, you may want to make sure your oulet has power (a fuse hasn't tripped or something.) Also, you should check your amp's fuses. Since your amp is new, I wouldn't go to far past the checks I mentioned...so you don't accidently screw your warranty.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Check the fuse. If it blew, put a new one in. If it blows again, buy new tubes. I realize you got it recently, but spending money on new tubes with the Bugera amps will generally save you a LOT of problems.

I don't have much experience with fuses, may I ask how I know if it's blown?

I know where the fuse is, and how to get it out, but are there any physical indications of it being blown?
Quote by damnedone
Are there any indications of power getting through...such as a power light or maybe a hum? If not, you may want to make sure your oulet has power (a fuse hasn't tripped or something.) Also, you should check your amp's fuses. Since your amp is new, I wouldn't go to far past the checks I mentioned...so you don't accidently screw your warranty.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that the power light does in fact come on, so I'm pretty sure it's not the outlet.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The glass part of the fuse will usually have a black coloring on it instead of being clear if its blown.

The fuse in it appears to be plastic or something that looks like plastic, not glass.
Probably a ceramic fuse. Hardware store, get an identical one, same voltage rating. That's worth a try first...
Quote by gregs1020
Probably a ceramic fuse. Hardware store, get an identical one, same voltage rating. That's worth a try first...

Could it still be the fuse even if the power light comes on?
New tubes i would think. Not sure why they would've gone bad just after you turned the amp on. A new set of tubes will also make your amp sound alot better.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
doesn't sound like the fuse if the power light is coming on, unless it's an internal fuse on the board somewhere. I wouldn't even mess with it if it's still under warranty, just take it back.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by deathgrind!
Could it still be the fuse even if the power light comes on?
easy enough to figure out, innit?

turn it on without the fuse in it. does the power light come on?

if the power light still comes on without the fuse, the fuse might be blown.
if the power light doesn't come on without the fuse, the fuse is not the problem.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Take a look at your tubes as well, do any of them appear blown?
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
easy enough to figure out, innit?

turn it on without the fuse in it. does the power light come on?

if the power light still comes on without the fuse, the fuse might be blown.
if the power light doesn't come on without the fuse, the fuse is not the problem.

The power indicator only comes on if the fuse is in.
Quote by apollo66
Take a look at your tubes as well, do any of them appear blown?

Is there any way to tell by apearance?
I'm guessing it's either an internal fuse or the tubes, but since it's so new I suggest you just send it back under warranty.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Well, one thing to do as well is make sure your tubes are seated in the sockets. The easiest way to check a fuse is to hook it to a mulitmeter and see if it passes current. If a fuse is blown, usually a tube has gone out. Buy a new fuse, they are cheap, if it goes again, its a tube. Either way I would suggest new tubes as they REALLY make this amp sing.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by deathgrind!
Is there any way to tell by apearance?

Usually, same way as with a fuse.

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Highly recommend returning your new amp. Simply put; unless you did something terribly wrong, a new amp shouldn't blow a fuse or require new tubes. These are "tell, tell" signs you picked up a lemon. Not hating the Bugera, just saying during the production process there can be an amp that was not put together very well. You don't want that amp! Get an amp that works perfectly out of the box, then replace tubes, etc...because you want to - not because you have too.

Quote by apollo66
Usually, same way as with a fuse.
It could also just be a bad tube or bad fuse, not necessarily a bad amp. Typically when you get something brand new you get a 30 day warranty from the store. If you replace the tube/fuse and it fixes it, yet it blows out again, then return the amp.

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
it's not the mains fuse, he tried taking it out, and the power indicator doesn't come on anymore. That means the mains fuse accessible on the back isn't blown. It could be a fuse inside on the board, but that's not something you want to mess with on a new amp, especially if you want to keep your warranty. It's not "just" a tube, or at least his preamp tubes would be lighting up, and a major short in the power tubes would take out his mains fuse too most likely.

It's a new amp, why mess around, take advantage of the warranty.

Also, you guys realize that any biasing or replacing of tubes by anyone other than a Behringer authorized technician voids his warranty right.
Page 11, section 5, "Warranty Regulations", item 7:
http://www.behringerdownload.de/BUGERA_333/IMPL%20Tech%20GLOB_P0623_M%20Web%20EN_2008-03-06_Rev.5.pdf
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jul 22, 2008,