download Linux?
Or do you have to buy a disc?
What are some major differences between Linux and XP?
which ones better?

Discuss.
Linux is free. Well, most of them, you can download it or have them send you a disk.

The major difference is Linux is free. But there are some things you can't do on Linux very well, games for example, you'll need to find ways to play alot of the PC games on Linux.

None are better really, it's all down to preference, I prefer Linux though.
Quote by denizenz
Do you know anything about Linux? You kind of have to know a little bit about it before you go installing it.

You can download certain edition of it for free tho.

Honestly? not in particular.
i've just heard from people that it's better than XP...?
I find Linux to be a huge pain in the ass. It's like having to learn how to use a computer all over again.
if you feel like you're really hardcore: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

or just installing Gentoo is quite an educational experience (it took me 3 days the first time)

otherwise just go with Ubuntu, you can find ISO images for the CDs somewhere on their webpage
Quote by xtasteofchaosx
Honestly? not in particular.
i've just heard from people that it's better than XP...?

Define better. Each has it's limitations.

If you're just a kid browsing the net and playing games, just keep XP. I see Linux as being mostly for developers. Like if you want to run your own secure webserver...download Linux. If you want to play Quake 4 when it comes out, keep XP.
Quote by denizenz

If you're just a kid browsing the net and playing games, just keep XP. I see Linux as being mostly for developers. Like if you want to run your own secure webserver...download Linux. If you want to play Quake 4 when it comes out, keep XP.

Quake 4 is already out, for like a year ;D

and I'm not sure if it runs on Linux, but Doom3 does and iD software in general are pretty portable with their engines
Quote by denizenz

Agreed
Though, it's not impossible to make your Linux play games, but it's a bitch to figure out.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Well i'm not really either of those,
I don't usually play games,
I'm usually on websites like Ultimate-Guitar...Myspace..etc.
It depends what Linux Distro you get. You seem like a bit of a noob so I'd find a friend who knows something about Linux and can do it for you.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
Quote by xtasteofchaosx
Well i'm not really either of those,
I don't usually play games,
I'm usually on websites like Ultimate-Guitar...Myspace..etc.

then keep xp
dont do it, its awful (in my opinion) my xp crashed and i couldnt put it back on so had to go with linux and i hate it
The problem is that since Linux it's different some people don't like it.
Just start reading about it, check some distros and if you think you have the time to learn how to use it then install it.