purevolume.com/westlentz

one is called shreddzorz and the other is dueling guitar solo.

the only effect used was a little delay on the first solo in shreddzorz. it was the echo effect in audacity.

c4c
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Both were sweet man, keep it up!
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
not bad stuff, but i guess you have to work a bit on your tone

EDIT: "your band song sound a lot better, btw"
Quote by Gacel
not bad stuff, but i guess you have to work a bit on your tone

EDIT: "your band song sound a lot better, btw"

are you serious?

those 2 songs were recorded on my mesa. the band song was recorded on a cheap behringer....

edit: now that i listen again, the rhythm tracks do sound a bit thin. but understand that the amp was below 1 on the volume hahaha. it was really late when i recorded.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Jul 21, 2008,
Hey man, listened to those 2, Shreddzorz was pretty sweet, I see what the other guy is saying about the tone for the rhythm. Probably just turn up the volume and record and it'll sound better! As for the music, I liked it, when the second lead got doubled in the left speaker it sent to me a very happy land

For the Duel Guitar Solo, The playing is pretty damn good, but the right channel's lead guitar, I didn't like the tone on that guitar, soft volume recording again? Turn it up!

Your playing is good, I like it all. I think tone is subjective though so don't worry too much about that if you like the sound
well i know what you mean on the dueling solo thing. for the right channel i actually put the neck pickup on and rolled the tone all the way down. i like how it ounds for some parts, but parts like the first little solo that i did with that track sounded kinda bad. im glad you liked the harmonized part. i had never tried to harmonize a solo before and i wanted to do it. i always just harmonize riffs and stuff lol. my guitar teacher gave me a little "assignment" so pretty soon i will have a song up thats a lot longer and with my amp a lot louder

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
shreddorz - good guitar playing man but it seems to get lost a little bit, in an attempt to play fast i think a little bit of timing is lost and the peice becomes frantic and muddled at the end.

Dueling guitar - this ones better, the guitar playing is technica, fast adn smooth i like it

the one you use is a good metal style tone, not my stle of tone but it's got the right sort of bight for your music, i would add a little more bass to your rhythm tone though, just so the lead can be mroe easily distinguished over the top.

you seem like a good player i would however love to see you try some bluesier style guitar, not that im saying you should stop what your doing but just to add anotehr element to your playing, especially in the duelig guitars i think if ou could lay down a nice bluesy lick followed by some insane shreeding you would really have something epic.

thansk for the review on mine
Quote by Gnomestar
shreddorz - good guitar playing man but it seems to get lost a little bit, in an attempt to play fast i think a little bit of timing is lost and the peice becomes frantic and muddled at the end.

Dueling guitar - this ones better, the guitar playing is technica, fast adn smooth i like it

the one you use is a good metal style tone, not my stle of tone but it's got the right sort of bight for your music, i would add a little more bass to your rhythm tone though, just so the lead can be mroe easily distinguished over the top.

you seem like a good player i would however love to see you try some bluesier style guitar, not that im saying you should stop what your doing but just to add anotehr element to your playing, especially in the duelig guitars i think if ou could lay down a nice bluesy lick followed by some insane shreeding you would really have something epic.

thansk for the review on mine

oh trust me im a more versatile player than what those songs show. they were just like spur of the moment stuff. if you go look at my mesa mark III demo on my site, i tried to play a bit of everything.

and to the guy that said my timing was off: at the end of the first olo i did mess up the timing a bit, but it still fit in with the song so i left it. the second solo i pretty much stayed in time, but with the harmony, if i got off by just a tiny bit it sounds kinda muddled up or whatever. i blame that, mostly, on my recording stuff. sometimes it lags a bit. hopefully i can solve that before my next recording.

thanks for all the input guys. i appreciate it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣