so when i get my first guitar....do i really have to get an amp?....i know how to connect the guitar to the pc with the adapter and i have guitar rig 3 without the pedal....but i dont know if my speakers will work at all they are 2.1 and 29 watts combined...i need help
Should work but it won't be anywhere near a amp's sound. My father told me he used to play bass on a regular speaker when he was younger. It blows speakers fast tho, so the comp speakers might not be a good idea(specially when you think those are usually cheap).

An alternative is to buy an accoustic guitar. It will help you build up your finger strenght faster, will cost cheaper, and you will feel very confortable when you switch to an electric.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

i would get SOMETHING...
like a fender mini, 30 bucks
i have it, it even has drive lol
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
i would get SOMETHING...
like a fender mini, 30 bucks
i have it, it even has drive lol

An accoustic or that.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by tarekhaytham
so when i get my first guitar....do i really have to get an amp?....i know how to connect the guitar to the pc with the adapter and i have guitar rig 3 without the pedal....but i dont know if my speakers will work at all they are 2.1 and 29 watts combined...i need help

Don't about using a bass, but with a guitar your speakers will be fine, it won't blow up or anything alike. I have used the PC as an amp before buying my first amp and with just normal speaker, have worked very well. Don't worry about the wattage or impedance of your speaker, VST programs like GuitarRig or Amplitube, has different speaker simulator of famous/popular model.

The vid of For The Love Of God on my sig link, was recorded plugging the guitar directly to a "line in" input of an integrated sound card (AC 97) with only Amplitube live running.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Not all computers like the high-impedence input (my laptop can't take it, for example). If you experience problems, then do what I do: Gutar -> 1/4" cable -> Direct Input Box -> XLR (F) to TRS (F) mono converter -> 1/4" cable -> 1/4" to 1/8" converer -> PC mic input

Kind of a kludge when I write it out, but it's useful both for recording straight from the guitar and for recording from my amp.
I already have a micro cube but i was also wondering this just for the fun, what kind of cable would i need?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Best if you get an acoustic guitar.I just got a cheap one to bring to college.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
If your PC has a 10" speaker then alright give it a try... Good luck with that :P
Don't use PC as first amp. It's a really bad idea.
Firstly it's quite technical for newbie. Secondly there are TONS of stuffs you will need to setup in that 'rig' to get a decent sound out of it.
Empty the last of your wallet for a real amp or why not try to get a modeler unit like Line 6 Pocket POD or something.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I use my PC for some sounds but I have a good sound card and I use my amp for the output so no latency problems or speaker issues.

If your just using a regular PC and smaller speakers I wouldn't recommend it.
I say go for it! Since modeling has gotten so good, there's no reason to not give it a try. GuitarRig 3 sounds better than any beginner amp you would get anyway. When you're ready to play with some others, you'll have to buy a larger amp anyway...
GR3 is great if you just start out and want to experiment.

I just got GR3 2 days ago and I haven't used my amp at all (however it IS a ss practice amp). The Gilmour numb preset is awesome btw.

One thing to note... Try using a demo first because the program requires a decent computer to run. I'm using a Dell laptop so I get lag (it is rather small but it can be musically dissatisfying).
my brother has tried it on a laptop and he told that it damaged the computer and he had to change the soundcard or smthn....so how should i know if my soundcard is good enough?
↑↑↑ what card is it? to find out:

1) right click on MY COMPUTER
2) go down to PROPERTIES
3) click the HARDWARE tab
4) go to the DEVICE MANAGER

you should be able to find it from there
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████