i recently stumbled upon these basses while searching the web. Just wondering if anybody has played one of these of knows anything about them or the company. They are beautiful hand-made basses. I hope one day i can own one of these, does anybody know the price range?

Anyways heres the website:www.ritter-basses.com, www.ritter-royals.com
Free Mumia
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They get thrown around here a bit whenever "sexiest bass guitar" gets mentioned. I would love the Flora Aurum, but it costs $100,000. Like I said to Boyce once, I figure a balaclava and a plane ticket to Germany is cheaper.

lol, yeah the Flora Aurum is indeed a nice looking bass. So are they all pretty much at the price level or are there and SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper?
Free Mumia
I dunno. All the others have been sold but I don't know for how much. I do believe the Flora Aurum is credited to being the most expensive bass in the world (in terms of initial selling price. I can imagine a fair few famous people's basses going for a lot at auction).
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I dunno. All the others have been sold but I don't know for how much. I do believe the Flora Aurum is credited to being the most expensive bass in the world (in terms of initial selling price. I can imagine a fair few famous people's basses going for a lot at auction).

The website "Most Expensive" claims that it is the most expensive bass ever sold as an initial price. But wen you have 24K gold inlays and 3 karot diamonts on the tuners i guess thats to be expected.
Free Mumia
the blue halberd is possibly the greatest looking bass ever made and i will own it one day
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
stay away from it, its mine you bastard
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
good luck i've already replaced it with an encore that i spray painted blue, the real blue halberd is safely hidden away from thievin' students like you
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
if i were to play one of those, i think i would die in an orgasm of sound. damn...
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Some of those are made from a single piece of wood. The bolt on's have 10 bolts.

Holy

EDIT: "The nut is made from at least 10,000 year old Mammoth Ivory" Jesus
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Last edited by forstringwonder at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
*throws a sheep in the opposite direction of the halberd*

FETCH!

i'm not gonna fall for your sheep decoy i have alcohol so i'm not moving from this spot
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Beautiful basses. The Platinum Roya Concept was actually on Ebay a few months back. Went for just over 15,000 USD. Personally I'd take the Black Roya Concept or the Flora Platinum over the lot of them (the rest are a bit gaudy for my taste). If only there was a company that made Blacklight LEDs the Flora Platinum would be perfect.

OH MY GOD! THEY EXIST!
http://www.riskreactor.com/Black_Lights_UV_LEDs/Black_Lights_UV_LEDs_Main.htm
Now I just have to find someone who will put them in a bass.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Jul 21, 2008,
I really hate how they look. But that's just me.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by Ranxston
I really hate how they look. But that's just me.

Glad I'm not alone.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
wow! they are really cool. It looks similar to a bass les claypool was pictured with on the cover of a book i got a while bak, it is probably not, but,,,,,wow. i really like the blue fretless one with that tiny little horn on the bottom.
The 5-String CARRARA Finish has to be one of the most beautiful basses I've ever seen.
The StoneAge is prbly the most ridiculous bass I've ever seen
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by watchingmefall
For such a high price, the royals could get a better website.

Exactly my thinking. That crown looks like it was made in MS paint.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by guylee
wow. i would expect a $100,000 bass to be a neck-through

there's nothing wrong with a bolt on neck, especially when there are more bolts holding the neck to the body than there are holding a wheel onto my car
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
^oops sorry bout that

Quote by skater dan0
there's nothing wrong with a bolt on neck, especially when there are more bolts holding the neck to the body than there are holding a wheel onto my car

and i agree 100% it just...i dunno just seems wrong, y'know?
Sorry for bumping up an old topic but someone in my school claimed to have a ritter bass at first i thought "ehhhh some noob random no name brand" then i google it and i see theres some worth 100 grand :O. Anyways are there starter type models that ritter makes because if this girl actually has one of these basses im robbing it!
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by AmpleSteak
Sorry for bumping up an old topic but someone in my school claimed to have a ritter bass at first i thought "ehhhh some noob random no name brand" then i google it and i see theres some worth 100 grand :O. Anyways are there starter type models that ritter makes because if this girl actually has one of these basses im robbing it!

If you can class a several thousand pound bass a starter model... they're very much the epitome of mass produced boutique basses. Well, they aren't exactly mass produced. But you get what I mean. The cheapest on the site atm is over 4500 Euros.
a lot of those looked like butt, i would take a standard jazz bass anyday

then again they probably sound heavenly
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Ritter are clearly the definition of the sex.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
i highly doubt your little friend has a ritter but then it's entirely possible, ask for pics then steal it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
A girl you say? I think you go out with her. Think. Its a girl, she plays bass and probably rich because she owns a Ritter. Anything else then your just getting greedy.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
I just found a Ritter bass; that is fuzzy:

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!