Hey all,

I bought an RG2550Z 20 days ago, from guitar center, and i realized that it was very annoying to tune my guitar to drop D and back to standard due to the tremolo, so i was wondering if this little problem applies to guitars with floyd rose or are they the same.

and is there a tremolo system that will not have this problem but still be able to be pulled back as much as the floyd rose?

and can some one tell me what's the difference between locking trem and floating trem.
Floyd rose can get something like this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/EVH-D-Tuna-Drop-D-Tuning-System-361390-i1130129.gc
but it is always gonna be a problem with any guitar. Often famous guitarists have 2 or more guitars tune to different tuning due to the hassle the constant retuning creates.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Yep , it's like that with all floyds.

There's the Steinberger synchro-something floating bridge which can be tuned easily I think.
I hope other guys will fill me in on this one.
you think i can get guitar center to install the drop D tuning thing, if i get a floyd rise ?
Well apparently it's got good reviews. And you can always return it if you don't like it...
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
instead of getting the EVH thing, i'd get a tremol-no
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i need a guitar with a trem.

because i have a gubson LP, a MIA fender strat, so i want a guitar i i can play some metal of hard riock stuff
As its floating any change in tuning changes the tension and therefore changes how the bridge floats. If you want the wammy floating just something to learn to deal with or not change the tuning.