Ok, Ive never customized my guitar before, and I feel like getting the most out of my $150 guitar. It is a Peavey Raptor Plus EXP, and I like it. I was wondering if it is a good guitar to try customizing and learning how to work with it. Im gonna get an expensive Strat (ha, a real one) some time this year.
Last edited by AlskiOverload at Jul 21, 2008,
Cool. So, what do you mean by f'ing it up? Installing things wrong, adjusting things wrong, stuff like that?
If you like it, then it's worth improving. My favorite guitar is a $130 "Starcaster by Fender". I loved it before, but now that I've improved some of the hardware, it's even better.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
lol, its col that you posted his because i was actually thinking about buying one or more of these to customize myself, id say yeah, its a cheap guitar, and you can take it in any direction you want, have fun with it man
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Lots of fun taking a cheaper guitar and modding the crap out of it. Keep us posted...
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by The Raven
I agree. Anything can be improved, go for it and have fun.

this man has apparently never played a high-end PRS...
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by asfastasdark
Lots of fun taking a cheaper guitar and modding the crap out of it. Keep us posted...

I agree, Sonic Youth made a living out of it. All my guitars are just cheapo ones with the important stuff upgraded. It means they will never get nicked, but play amazingly.
Quote by christianbassis
this man has apparently never played a high-end PRS...

You could absolutely improve any guitar. Does PRS use the best of everything on their guitars? I'm sure you could find SOME way to improve it. Like adding more shielding or something. lol.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
You could absolutely improve any guitar. Does PRS use the best of everything on their guitars? I'm sure you could find SOME way to improve it. Like adding more shielding or something. lol.

Plus a lot of PRS's use either a vintage tremolo or a TOM with stoptail (do they ever use string-throughs?). Vintage tremolo < Floyd Rose... Better pickups, locking tuners if they don't already use them... Electronic mods, etc. There's still a lot you can do to it.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Just realize the more things you add, the more things that can go wrong.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?