Yeah, Im back... I went to check out different terms and adjustments, and I was checking the bow of my neck, and IT DOESNT BOW?! I dont know if Im doing it wrong though. I put fret the 1st and about 16th fret, and look in the middle, and there isnt any space between the string and the fret. Please, if I misunderstand what bow is, correct me, but tell me what is happening. This might explain fret buzz, wouldnt it?
well if theres no space in between obviously there will be buzz. it doesnt sound good. there is what is called a truss rod in your neck, there is one in about every guitar really. its hidden under a little covering plate which is screwed on your headstock. you need to turn a LITTLE bit at a time with an allan key or something similar to bow your neck a bit.

although it is possible to be a bridge issue but it definatley sounds like a truss problem.

I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO **** WITH YOUR TRUSS ROD IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

look it up and read about it first at least, if you are still unsure of what to do get a pro to do it for you.

http://www.athensmusician.net/archive/2001-05-01_geneimbody1.shtml
yeah, Ive heard things about people screwing with their truss rods
My guitar has a wrenchless thing for the truss rod. So if I read up about it, read up on how to do it, it should be fine?
My local shop is gonna rip me off, they were gonna charge 20 bucks, when I would rather find these things out myself, and get to know my guitar.
When you said not to F with it if you dont know what youre doing, do you mean like, just adjusting too much without knowing what its doing?
well for one, you dont want to turn it the wrong way and have it bow the wrong way. (backwards)

second, if you do it too much too much or even just too quickly, you can snap your neck.
well if theres no space in between obviously there will be buzz. it doesnt sound good. there is what is called a truss rod in your neck, there is one in about every guitar really. its hidden under a little covering plate which is screwed on your headstock. you need to turn a LITTLE bit at a time with an allan key or something similar to bow your neck a bit.

although it is possible to be a bridge issue but it definatley sounds like a truss problem.

I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO **** WITH YOUR TRUSS ROD IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

look it up and read about it first at least, if you are still unsure of what to do get a pro to do it for you.

Yes,watever you do dont mess with your truss rod if you dont know wat to do.It can completely mess up your guitar

Edit:I didnt see you responded about the truss rod,my bad
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
Last edited by GuitarLesPaul at Jul 21, 2008,