I have read that anchoring and using the whole arm while tremolo picking is bad technique, I cant see why? Because if it works fine, then why not?
For example: Michael angelo, he is very fast and clean, and he anchors.
Explain to me why those things are "bad technique" =)
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
And you move your arm a lot more by NOT anchoring it. I anchor my arm, it it works just fine. That's not to say that my picking technique is phenomenal, but it's sufficient.
Quote by BoggaN
I have read that anchoring and using the whole arm while tremolo picking is bad technique, I cant see why? Because if it works fine, then why not?

The whole arm thing is pretty bad since it's VERY ineffecient and can cause RSI. Check Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead, he is forced to wear an armbrace because his tremolo picking caused RSI.
Oh ok, then I will not go over to using the whole arm while picking =)
I was going to do that but, I will just practise more using my wrist as much as possible =)
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Anchoring causes excess muscle tension which can lead to injuries, and when tremolo picking isn't a bad technique on its own but most people accomplish the sound by tensing up their arm to make the arm vibrate which, if kept up for extended periods of time, can also lead to injury.

you have to use both the wrist and the arm for 'good' technique. picking solely from the elbow is bad as it puts too much strain on the arm muscles and picking solely from the wrist won't give you enough power on the extreme strings.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by BoggaN

Actually, Michael Angelo, although he anchors, he only move his thumb and index finger to pick.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS