sighs i have a bunch of weird tough problems

first check this picture since is really tough explaining through words

as you can see from the picture my mackie onyx satellite shows nothing for recording such as a microphone or line in

check this picture

in a typical audiocard you have all this options that you can see from this picture

lets say i want to record with my audigy 2 soundcard i just plug in cheap microphone into the soundcard i choose the microphone to be the input in the volume control in windows and i run program such as the sound recorder in windows and i start recording and is done but since nothing appears in the mackie onyx theres nothing i can choose as a input for program to receive the sound so i cant record anything through that method

but the weird thing is the inputs of the mackie satellite do appear on other programs

this are the inputs of the mackie in tracktion

this is the input of the mackie in adobe audition

how the hell can i make the inputs appear on the windows volume control? or is there a program that would allow me to use the inputs and record myself and synch the video?

the reason i want the inputs to appear is so i can make a video of me playing guitar so i can upload it to youtube i dont want to record the video then throw the music on the top since it probably is going to be terribly synched

what the hell can i do about it

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
1. Film yourself recording into the Onyx.
2. Finalize the song in Traction or Audition (or whatever program you use)
3. Use a video editing program to remove the audio recorded from the cam
4. Import your Onyx recorded song into the video

Hopefully this makes sense.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
1. Film yourself recording into the Onyx.
2. Finalize the song in Traction or Audition (or whatever program you use)
3. Use a video editing program to remove the audio recorded from the cam
4. Import your Onyx recorded song into the video

Hopefully this makes sense.

a little more detailed would be helpful
can you explain me how you do it yourself?

like how do import? the song into the video? what program do you use?

for number 3 i have no problem of audio since my camera does not record audio

but i got a question now regarding this

if i get a decent webcam do you think i be able to play guitar and record myself and the sound quality to be decent and synched?

any more help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
If you can get the Mackie working, (I'm actually not sure why it's not....try reinstalling the drivers and start from scratch) record audio using the interface and video using your video camera. transfer the video and fixed up audio to any NLE program of choice. (Movie Maker, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Avid...)

It's best to clap at the start of a shot so you can go off that in editing to sync the audio and video tracks.

I do this method all the time when recording videos. Check the latest one out at my youtube page.
I can't help any unless I know what video editing program you are using, or planning on using.
----------------------
Try this:

If you have Windows XP or newer you should have access to Windows Movie Maker. It's free.

On the left hand side of the windows there are 2 links. One says import video and the other says import audio.

After you've imported both, click on show timeline at the bottom and use that to help you sync up.

Should be quick and painless.

DS
Attachments:
wmm.GIF
Made up statistic
f you can get the Mackie working, (I'm actually not sure why it's not....try reinstalling the drivers and start from scratch) record audio using the interface and video using your video camera. transfer the video and fixed up audio to any NLE program of choice. (Movie Maker, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Avid...)

It's best to clap at the start of a shot so you can go off that in editing to sync the audio and video tracks.

I do this method all the time when recording videos. Check the latest one out at my youtube page.

the mackie onyx satellite works is just the way it works that has me confused like usually when i record i video i speak to mic and record video and it will synch all in same program

now here i have to use other program to record and other program to make video which i never done before

I can't help any unless I know what video editing program you are using, or planning on using.
----------------------
Try this:

If you have Windows XP or newer you should have access to Windows Movie Maker. It's free.

On the left hand side of the windows there are 2 links. One says import video and the other says import audio.

After you've imported both, click on show timeline at the bottom and use that to help you sync up.

Should be quick and painless.

DS

i dont know whats a good program for this video editing stuff
i take any recommendations you might have

i can download the program

im going to try experimenting with the windows movie make in meantime and i let you know how it went
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
could be similar to Sonar if I understand the situation correctly.
Sonar wont let me open any other audio or video type programs while its running or else there's some type of audio driver clash and Sonar needs to be restarted.

However when recording with audacity I can run just about any program I want.
so I rule out its the drivers and therefore must be the problem of Sonar.

For beginners you cant go wrong with Windows Movie Maker however it crashes quite often and so if you have the time to learn Sony Vegas it will work out better in the end.
For beginners you cant go wrong with Windows Movie Maker however it crashes quite often and so if you have the time to learn Sony Vegas it will work out better in the end.

yeah i downloaded sony vegas but i need to dowload now magiciso to open it
since is an uif format

i tried messing around with windows maker but im confused which way is better to do it

let me tell you the steps i tried taking

1.first i recorded myself on windows movie maker playing the piece
2. i went to tracktion to record the piece
3. i tried importing audio into the movie
4.tried synching but it was a bitch

can you give me some tips in synching this stuff? and can you try explaining the clapping method?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Try recording the video and audio at the same time. It should make syncing alot easier. Queue up tracktion queue up your camera hit record on both and then rip it up.

Also the clapping method just allows you to easily sync up by aligning the clapping motion in the video with the clapping sound on the audio track.
Made up statistic
i finally was able to do the synching method but it sounds weird to me when i record to the program the quality of the sound is not quite the same so it sounds like im faking it and it loses alot of the feel

what are the other methods for recording and uploading a video to youtube?

im trying to get quality kind of like this but im not sure how they do the recordings if through webcam or through a special camera or what method

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5R9uz-EuHY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wK2WZCLwHRA
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
When I record to youtube I'll do the following.

- Load up Sonar and fire up my recording gear for audio.
- Turn on my MiniDV video camera.
- Play while everything is recording.
- export audio as WAV
- load up a video editing program (I use premiere)
- capture the video from the camera into the video program using a firewire
- import the audio WAV file
- sync the two parts and start editing with titles and such...
- Export as a .mov quick time file under 1GB in 640 x 480, MONO audio

With the proper gear you can do some great videos such as the ones ive been putting out on my youtube account.

If you have a webcam you need to run two programs at once which can give a lot of problems...such as loss of audio quality.
It's suggested that you use a seperate video camera for the video recording and then capture to the editing program later which is what I do.

The Halo theme video looks like the kid used my method of two different recording devices.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 30, 2008,
ith the proper gear you can do some great videos such as the ones ive been putting out on my youtube account.

If you have a webcam you need to run two programs at once which can give a lot of problems...such as loss of audio quality.
It's suggested that you use a seperate video camera for the video recording and then capture to the editing program later which is what I do.

sorry i took so long to reply i been busy with school and other stuff and now have some time to mess a little more with it

what kind of camera would you recommend? for recording? the one i got right now is slow capturing my picking hand it looks like a blur
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff