okay, im looking to buying my 1st tube amp im thinking Kustom the Defender because its 50 watts (plenty of noise) and its a good amp, so i wont HAVE to buy an amp again for awhile....im saying not for a awhile because i will be giggin soon and im not sure if 5w or 20w is enough to get over a drummer....meaning im also looking at the VJ and the Peavey Windsor
For gigs, alot of people recommend at least 30w or so. So i think the Kustom will bve perfectly fine.
Lulz lulz u rn't gigging n00bz u dont n33d th@t much p0wer.

/end mock rant

If you like the sound go for it. I'm not going to discourage you away from a high end amp like that. I personally am saving up for a Marshall Vintage Modern to complete my amplifier set up. So yeah, sounds like a good choice.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I would go with a Fender Twin Reverb. But that's just me.

But yeah, man. Kustom would be a nice amp.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Look at the fender hot rod tube amps. Blues Junior, Blues Deluxe, HotRod DeVille, etc. I cant recommend them highly enough.
Gibson SG Standard
MIJ 57 Fender Strat

Marshall JVM & Fender Blues Junior NOS

Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS1, EHX Big Muff, EHX Digital Delay, MXR Dyna Comp
Quote by rokknrollldude
okay, im looking to buying my 1st tube amp im thinking Kustom the Defender because its 50 watts (plenty of noise) and its a good amp, so i wont HAVE to buy an amp again for awhile....im saying not for a awhile because i will be giggin soon and im not sure if 5w or 20w is enough to get over a drummer....meaning im also looking at the VJ and the Peavey Windsor

The Defender looks interesting to me, but I haven't seen it in person yet. Depending on the kind of gigging you're doing, you might be able to get by with as little as 15W if you don't really need cleans. I've played a 5W amp and cut thru a drummer, if not over, but another guitar or keys probably would've drowned me right out. Depends a lot on the drummer and style of music.

In general, if you want gigging cleans, I'd suggest 30W or so. The Crate V33 falls into the style of amp you seem to be looking at, and would probably suit you well, as would something like a used Peavey Classic 30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.