So I broke the little finger on my left hand about 4 weeks ago. It sucks. It can take up to 6 months to heal fully cos i chipped a piece of bone off.
The bonus is that it is setting with a slight curve in the tip which makes it sit really well on the finger board.
I hurts like hell though and i can't really play very much cos i use it alot. I have actually started using my ring finger more, but it is not the same.
has anyone else done this, or similar cos i wanna know if it will still work.
This hasn't happened to me, and I hope it doesn't too... but maybe this is a time where you can concentrate more on your plucking hand?

Why dont you try and occupy yourself by learning to slap better or maybe pluck the stings with three fingers?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
i wouldn't play too much man... seriously. your pinky and ring finger share tendons so even when u play with your ring finger you're aggrevating your pinky and your recovery time will take even longer. if you insist on playing alot then use your index and middle finger most and occasionally throw in your ring finger. i don't know what else to tell you.
that sucks man, theres not a whole lot you can do, nor are there many instruments to play in the interim, hope you heal fast.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Damn, maybe you can learn tapping? :P:
I actually have a perfect left hand and an average right hand

Good luck to you and your family (the bass ofcourse )
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Make sure you give it time to heal properly. Don't abstain from bass but don't use that finger until the doc says its ready, or you may **** it up permanently.
To keep your musical skills up maybe you could rent or buy a keyboard and engage in a few composition or recording projects?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding