Page 1 of 2
Just some background on me, or none of this will make sense... I'm 17. I still live with my parents like most 17 year olds and I'm basically normal. Last April, I got a speeding ticket. My mom paid it on my court date but I, of course, have to pay it back. This makes sense because it's my ticket. I only have $120 left and my mom is, understandably, getting rather ancy about it because it's been a couple of months. No big deal... I'm working on it, I work as much as my managers will schedule me for and basically pay her everything (except for the money I need for gas to get to work and back).

However, a week ago, my parents thought I had taken an overdose of Robitussin--20, to be exact-- and rushed me to the ER, despite my numerous protests because I actually hadn't taken ANYTHING. Now my mom wants me to pay her $150 for that. I'm refusing because I told her not to take me and working three days a week as a waiter at a hamburger joint... I've already wasted half of my summer paying for this ticket (though I agree, that is my fault) and another $150 will basically end it for me because until everything is paid off, I can't afford gas to go hang out with friends or anything.

Thoughts? Am I wrong? Should I have to pay this? I think it's ridiculous but I'm sure I have some level of immaturity due to my age and if so, tell me.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
dayum. i just got to say, the back of yo' head is riddikulus.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jul 21, 2008,
pay the $120 for the ticket only.
Quote by HelloHalo
I think if I crap my pants in public, I'll just simply stand up (if I'm not already standing), announce "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just defecated in my pants. Good day to you all."

And walk out.

/lame, blatant attempt to get sigged.
As long as you didn't take anything, it's their fault for not trusting you.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
that is pretty rediculous....get the ****ing doctors to tell your mother you didnt take jack ****
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
This, is not ridiculous.

THIS IS MADNESS

seriously though. That's garbage, don't give her the money.

EDIT: the 150$ I mean
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at Jul 21, 2008,
Don't pay, it's ridiculus.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
It's sad that you're parents don't trust you didn't take the pills.
Pay the $120 and tell them to fuck off, it was their fault for the extra $150.

Edit: I'm from Oklahoma too!
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Last edited by xFeatherx at Jul 21, 2008,
damn how much you get paid? I make 120 in one day of work and my jobs sucks balls and its not a great salary either.

Shouldn't be a biggy man.

I wouldn't pay the 150 cause it wasn't your fault that your parent wild out on you.
ya don't pay it. is there more to the story though i have a hard time beleiving you went to the er for that.
Hold out till you're 18, and she can't take a dime.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by atreyurock9
Just some background on me, or none of this will make sense... I'm 17. I still live with my parents like most 17 year olds and I'm basically normal. Last April, I got a speeding ticket. My mom paid it on my court date but I, of course, have to pay it back. This makes sense because it's my ticket. I only have $120 left and my mom is, understandably, getting rather ancy about it because it's been a couple of months. No big deal... I'm working on it, I work as much as my managers will schedule me for and basically pay her everything (except for the money I need for gas to get to work and back).

However, a week ago, my parents thought I had taken an overdose of Robitussin--20, to be exact-- and rushed me to the ER, despite my numerous protests because I actually hadn't taken ANYTHING. Now my mom wants me to pay her $150 for that. I'm refusing because I told her not to take me and working three days a week as a waiter at a hamburger joint... I've already wasted half of my summer paying for this ticket (though I agree, that is my fault) and another $150 will basically end it for me because until everything is paid off, I can't afford gas to go hang out with friends or anything.

Thoughts? Am I wrong? Should I have to pay this? I think it's ridiculous but I'm sure I have some level of immaturity due to my age and if so, tell me.

Explain to her how you're not stupid enough to overdose on drugs, and she should have trusted you. Tell her you can't believe she didn't trust you.
Don't pay it, she's being unreasonable

^take that bloody santa hat off already!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
the word ridiculous is being thrown around alot in this thread

R I D I C U L O U S
what job do you work where it takes you the whole summer to make $120?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by garden of grey
Even if you did take 20 robitussin gels, if the only ingredient was dextromethorphan in them, you would still be totally fine. 300mg is neither fatal or dangerous.

I heard the stuff is pretty bad for your liver though
Your job must pay really badly. Don't pay, explain it to her.

If she doesn't comply, listen to Linkin Park and bitch to us or something.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
where you like eating sweet tarts next to some Robitussin or something?

so nobody got my madtv reference.
Quote by blackflag49

so nobody got my madtv reference.

Nope.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Quote by smb
There's obviously more to this story.

+1
I dont think your parents just busted open your door one day yelled, "HE'S OVERDOSING GET HIM TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!!!!"
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Pimp slap da Ho.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
Quote by atreyurock9

Do you work for slave labor and like 2.50 an hour? If I worked three days a week, I would have about $144 a week, not including tips as a waiter. That alone would be enough to pay for the hospital trip. How much was the ticket in total?
Last edited by st.stephen at Jul 21, 2008,
Like I said... I'm a waiter at a hamburger joint. I make $2.13 an hour plus tips. We're never very busy and on a good day I make $50. I work 3 days a week. It won't take me long to make the last $120 because I already have $40 and there isn't much less.

As far as the Robitussin, they found an empty bottle of it in my room. I took the last two last March, when I had strep and couldn't stop coughing. I haven't had a cough since then and I've been known to OD on Robitussin. I haven't done it in 9 months though.

The ticket was $320 and I was working a job where I worked one day a week for $6.00/hr and I didn't make tips for about the first month of summer.

I agree. The ER visit was unnecessary. Even if I HAD taken them, I wouldn't need to go to the hospital at all. I've seen people take as many as 70 and be perfectly ok. The doctors can't prove one way or the other whether I took any, though they admitted none of the symptoms were present. For some reason, my pupils were dilated, which didn't help my case at all but I honestly don't know why. They did a drug test which proved I haven't done any drugs in however long that test looks at but cough medicine wouldn't show up on that.

I should have just taken some and made the trip worth it... I had to drink charcoal for nothing and I REALLY hate needles.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Don't pay the $150.

I'm still confused on how it takes you all summer to pay back $120. Is gas THAT expensive?
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by smb
There's obviously more to this story.

No, it's just tewtally rIdIcUlOuS!
We're only strays.
Lame. TS is lying.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Even if you had, you are under their care as a 17 year old, and it is their obligation to care for you. I think it would be against the law for them to make you pay your own bill when you were under their care and the money was earned by you.
Quote by Link.JohnIrving
Lame. TS is lying.

Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
Page 1 of 2