My BRAND NEW Crate V18 was fine earlier today, but I just turned it on, and there's this constant buzz. When it's on standby, it's fine, but as soon as I turn it on, it starts buzzing. It's not because of the gain or the outlet it was plugged into. I tried to use my noise suppressor, but it did nothing.

My local shop is already closed, what do i do?
Check for loose tubes or loose cables on your reverb tank. See if it goes away if give it a few taps while it is on. Also be sure to eliminate the cable and the guitar being the issue.
Quote by corey3815
not the cables. not the guitar.

i unplugged the white ended cable from the back of the amp where it says "reverb" and the noise stopped, so there's the problem! Now, how does it get fixed?

Put it back in and see what it does. If it goes away, it was a loose cable. If it is still there, you likely have a fault with the tank. In which case, exchange it.
Also, i don't know if this will help any, but if my tv is on in my room, it'll do the same thing, try it out, also, on a side note, with distortion on you will hear a buzzing or almost beeping sound when about to get a call or text if you phone is near.
I would say the reverb tank or the treble pot is getting voltage spikes for some reason (reason for spikes could be anything, takes forever to troubleshoot).
Other than this little mishap, how do you like the amp, tone-wise?

Would you say it could do dirty blues/classic rock?

Do you think it could take pedals well?

I'm considering buying one from the V Series (probably the 50).
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Just a stupid guess, but is it by any appliances?

Point being, when my Carvin V3 was near the TV, it hummed like a mother ****er. When i moved it to the wall away from everything (lights, TV, radioactive cat, etc) it sounded much better.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Just a stupid guess, but is it by any appliances?

Point being, when my Carvin V3 was near the TV, it hummed like a mother ****er. When i moved it to the wall away from everything (lights, TV, radioactive cat, etc) it sounded much better.

Great post. Move away from electronics, and try a guitar with humbuckers, just for the sake of comparison. Shielding your guitar with foil tape or spray-on shielding also might be good ideas to try.
also make sure you get a good cable, you could have a mesa dual rec, or a marshall jubile, with a 58 telecaster and sounds bad because of bad cables.
I also think its probly the reverb tank put the reverb all the way down or just disconect the amp from the tank.