I'm 13 and i've been playing guitar for about 2 years. I want to start a band but nobody I know plays instruments. I only know a couple of people who just started learning guitar without lessons. What should I do? Thank you for your help.
The best option might just be to hone your skills as a musician before you form (Or join) a band. Practice guitar as often as possible, and even more importantly, write your own songs! If you can't wait, though, you could always go to guitar center and check out the wanted ads (Though chances are there won't be many people seeking a teenaged guitarist).
You could also prepare for playing in a band by jamming with the other guitarists, even if you guys don't plan on starting your own band.
Yeah, just keep practicing, if you have any sort of way of recording original ideas (even crudely) do that, and as you get older opportunities shall present themselves. The young prodigies making it big at your age are a rarity for a reason. Not a knock on you or anything, just the way it goes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Try and look outside the people you know for members. Try the people that the people you know know, but that you might not necessarily know (if you understood that). Try looking outside you circle of friends at school to other people in your year or in other years.

I suggest that you look for people who have roughly the same amount of experience as you (or more) because being in a band of begginers is not very fun.
Quote by 12345abcd3

I suggest that you look for people who have roughly the same amount of experience as you (or more) because being in a band of begginers is not very fun.

If you are all beginners it is probably the most fun getting together to make noise... sucks when you get better and they stay the same though.

Oh to TS I think you should wait a while. Or at least until you find some decent musicians to work with.
who says you need a band? go down to your local radioshack and pick up a 1/4 to 1/8 inch audio converter (under 5 bucks) and download audacity (free) and you can lay down your own rough guitar tracks. You can go ahead and layer other tracks or vocals over that, too. Make yourself a myspace and call it the "[Insert your name here] Experience".
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.