I have a big muff, and an Epi Les Paul standard (i have other things, but those are the things crucial to nailing the tone i suppose) as well the original wah from Dunlop, which i use a filter in combo with the big muff. I've read that Page used 2 compressors as well as no amplifier. If i was to buy a compressor would this perhaps make my tone muddy and fuzzy at the same time as exampled on Black Dog? Or perhaps by a crunchy distortion and use it in conjunction with my big muff? Idk lol help please
the big muff should offer enough compression for that. what amp are you running into?
What amp are you running through?
Unless you have some god awful, that sounds about right. You might wanna buy a TS-9 Tubescreamer by Ibanez or even a TS-7 Tonelock version.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Be hard to match the album tone. As Ive read it was his guitar straight into the mixer where the distortion and compression was added then triple tracked.
Quote by TechnoViking
a spider II...which isnt as bad as everyone thinks! lol

It's not that it's bad, it's just not very tone specific. Like you can have hundreds of par tones, but nothing really shines. However, I was kind of impressed by the insane settings on the Spider IIIs.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by TechnoViking
a spider II...which isnt as bad as everyone thinks! lol

It isn't bad, it's just well bland. There are so many amps out there that has character and to me the Spider lacks that and sounds very artificial.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you just gotta play with it really, for example taking the insane setting and turning the dist to 0 and putting ur les on the neck pickup is a really nice blues sound. using some of the models in combo with the wah and big muff is pretty neat too...just gotta play with it.