I play mostly all classic and am playing trough a Epiphone Les Paul standard and a line 6 spider III 15 W amp. Thanks.
i wouldnt reccomend putting a distortion pedal through a line 6 amp

TOMS RIG
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Black
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Sunburst
Ibanez TS-9
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Line 6 Echo Park
MXR ZW-44
MXR Phase 90
Boss PS-5
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 cab
Quote by awesomegear16
i wouldnt reccomend putting a distortion pedal through a line 6 amp
Do you live in nanaimo BC if you do thats where I live lol.
how about getting a better amp... if you want a good classic rock sound step up the equipment instead of just adding onto it.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
how about getting a better amp... if you want a good classic rock sound step up the equipment instead of just adding onto it.
Whats a good classic rock amplifier then? I want a SS amp with good distortion and around the 100$ price.
Ibanez Tubescreamer series.

TS-7 if your on a budget.
TS-9 if you want classic tones.
TS-808 if you wanna dish out another 50 bucks for a vintage circuit.
TS-9DX Turbo- If you want to pay 10 bucks more for a more versatile tone, but less in depth tonality.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by liamdude555
Whats a good classic rock amplifier then? I want a SS amp with good distortion and around the 100$ price.

save your money you wont get much for $100
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
why dont you use the effects on your line 6... or get a line 6 floor pod (2.0 I believe)

POD

its what I used when I was beginning with my little crate SS amp. you can also get headphones to plug into it if you dont wanna wake anybody up or something. It's also fun to meddle with the effects

some of the amp settings on it are like a Marshall JCM 800, Tweed Amps, Mesa Boogies and great stuff like that. They're nowhere near the original tube amps though... but it should keep you occupied
I would recommend the boss Boss BD-2 Blues driver, i can get it to match Page, Gilmour, Clapton, etc
Last edited by x6ax at Jul 21, 2008,
Id save up more for classic rock oriented amp like a Peavey Classic 30, Crate Palamino or V series. But your best bet thou is to just run with the spider. As a dist into the spider wont sound that great imo.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by liamdude555
You've probably got all the amp you are going to get for $100. But a used Peavey Bandit 112 would work if you can find one for $100. I recently sold one for $125.

A ProCo Rat is a great classic rock pedal. But as said.... you need an amp upgrade to get any pedal to sound decent. I second the Peavey C30. That's what I use. Your best best on the cheap is to find a used Bandit.