So I just bought a 2004 MIM Fender P-bass w/ a Gotoh bridge off of ebay about a week ago for $225 (pretty good deal right? ) and it's in great condition. Well I was playing it today and all of a sudden part of the nut, just enough to cover the E string, popped off. I'm assuming it makes more sense to replace the nut completely instead of trying to glue that piece back on, so any suggestions on what to get would be nice. Also, will I be able to put this on myself or will I need to take it in to a shop?

Your help is appreciated.

edit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-Precision-Bass-Nut?sku=420746 Will this work even though mines MIM?
Last edited by himynameisjay at Jul 21, 2008,
Check the measurements against the busted one, I don't see why it wouldn't fit though.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I bought a fender bone nut from an ebay store. i just filed it, (on the bottom cos it had string guides already cut), until it was about the same size as the one i broke, cept mine broke at the a string part. it was easy to doy.... but i used superglue to glue it on. i don't know if that is the done thing, but it worked.
Funny, the exact same thing happened to my crappy p-bass copy.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.