Page 1 of 2
Do you think that it's morally wrong? I personally don't think it is. The good that can be done from it is quite incredible. The thing I don't get about people who are morally agaisnt is that most of them would have no qualms with someone who is clincally braindead and being kept alive by machines having their feeding tubes pulled. Sure, it's not exactly the same, but it's pretty close. Neither can think, and both must rely on external sources to survive. How is it not murder in that case?

Of course, scientists are able to get stem cells from other sources now, and I'm sure in the futue they won't need fetuses at all. It still makes for an interesting discussion, though.
Last edited by Spamwise at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by smb
You don't think it is what

+1
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I'm confused by your first sentence.
But I think it's for a great cause, let them do it.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

TO be fair the main debate is about using EMBRYONIC stem cells, adult stem cells have limited value
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
You know they have figured out how to get stem cells without sacrificing fetuses, right?
There is not much of a point to this debate any more, they have gotten around it.
Oh man, i was going to post a poll. I was going to ask "is it morally wrong?" But I totally forgot. I'll edit it in.

You know they have figured out how to get stem cells without sacrificing fetuses, right?
There is not much of a point to this debate any more, they have gotten around it

You know that I said that I'm aware of that in the first post, right?
I think it's a good idea. The fetuses aren't going to be used for anything else, just thrown away, right..?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
I think it's a good idea. The fetuses aren't going to be used for anything else, just thrown away, right..?

LOL I think my sarcasm meter is malfunctioning...
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by smb
You don't think it is what

He doesn't think it's morally wrong. Jesus, the Pit gets dumber everyday.

TS: I agree with you.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by BostonLP
LOL I think my sarcasm meter is malfunctioning...

I mean aborted ones..

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
I mean aborted ones..

But they have to abort them first....

-Ginger Baker
Quote by BostonLP
But they have to abort them first....

So what...
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by floppypick
I mean aborted ones..

Fetuses don't really come out in one piece from an abortion. You can't really take an aborted fetus and do anything at all with it.

EDIT: I stand corrected, you can make soup.
Last edited by Seryaph at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by Wulphy
So what...

+1?

^okay, so you're saying they're pretty much useless after.. mmkay.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by Wulphy
So what...

Meaning you basically need to plan to have a baby and knowingly donate his/her essential parts.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by Seryaph
Fetuses don't really come out in one piece from an abortion. You can't really take an aborted fetus and do anything at all with it.

You can make soup.
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
Quote by FrothingLunatic
You can make soup.

Yeah, and that is about it.
Quote by Wulphy
He doesn't think it's morally wrong. Jesus, the Pit gets dumber everyday.

TS: I agree with you.

He asked that before the TS edited his post and made it make more sense you fucktard.

Asshole Rule #1: Make sure you're absolutely correct before you be an asshole.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by Seryaph
Yeah, and that is about it.

Or is it?

/contemplates making thread asking for other uses for aborted fetuses
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
Quote by FrothingLunatic
Or is it?

/contemplates making thread asking for other uses for aborted fetuses

This would be disturbing at its best. Nightmarish at its worst.
Quote by bigwillie
He asked that before the TS edited his post and made it make more sense you fucktard.

Asshole Rule #1: Make sure you're absolutely correct before you be an asshole.

Asshole Rule #2: Make sure when you're correcting someone for being an asshole, you do it while using proper grammer.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'm totally for it. It can save lives. I mean, real human lives.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by FrothingLunatic
You can make soup.

They also make great pastry filling
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by FrothingLunatic
You can make soup.

What the fuck?

Asshole Rule #2: Make sure that when you're correcting someone for being an asshole, you do it while using proper grammar.

fixed
Quote by Wulphy
Asshole Rule #2: Make sure when you're correcting someone for being an asshole, you do it while using proper grammer.

But fuck spelling, right?

Stupid cocksmoking prick.

EDIT: And anyway, grammar is such a petty thing to pick at. It's the last resort of dumbass pieces of shit who can't think up a better reply.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Last edited by bigwillie at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by bigwillie
But fuck spelling, right?

Stupid cocksmoking prick.

..what?
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
..what?

1. You are a cocksmoker. You smoke cock, as in the fellatio of penises.

2. You're a prick. As in a dick, douchebag, asshole etc.

1. You are a cocksmoker. You smoke ****, as in the fellatio of penises.

Quote by Spamwise
Do you think that it's morally wrong? I personally don't think it is. The good that can be done from it is quite incredible. The thing I don't get about people who are morally agaisnt is that most of them would have no qualms with someone who is clincally braindead and being kept alive by machines having their feeding tubes pulled. Sure, it's not exactly the same, but it's pretty close. Neither can think, and both must rely on external sources to survive. How is it not murder in that case?

Of course, scientists are able to get stem cells from other sources now, and I'm sure in the futue they won't need fetuses at all. It still makes for an interesting discussion, though.

Well difference is the person on the feeding tube will most likely never get better. A fetus on the other hand will develop into a full child that can live on its own. Under that way of putting it though a 2 year old would die if left alone, it relies on outside sources to stay alive also.

It has been proven that a child that is developing and is still in the womb has feeling and can react to what happens around it, aka life and not part of the mother.
Well difference is the person on the feeding tube will most likely never get better. A fetus on the other hand will develop into a full child that can live on its own. Under that way of putting it though a 2 year old would die if left alone, it relies on outside sources to stay alive also.

It has been proven that a child that is developing and is still in the womb has feeling and can react to what happens around it, aka life and not part of the mother.

It doesn't really matter what it will become in the future, what matters is what it is at the time.

Also, it might react but, but it's not a more thought-out reaction than an animal would give.
What else are you going to do with the aborted foetuses?

I ask you that. This is not an abortion debate, this is "is it right to use them for stem cell research."

Anyone who says no to that should be given a crash course in smarts.
As said before, abortions don't leave fetuses in very good shape normally. Also, what's the deal with spelling "fetus" as "foetus"? Is it like the same type of deal as spelling "pedophile" as "paedophile"?
Quote by Spamwise
As said before, abortions don't leave fetuses in very good shape normally. Also, what's the deal with spelling "fetus" as "foetus"? Is it like the same type of deal as spelling "pedophile" as "paedophile"?

So we waste them. like we waste everything else in our world. Put them in a biohazard environment, and let it all build up like the rest of our garbage.

And it's the way I grew up spelling those words. Paedophile and Foetus are correct spellings of those words.

So we waste them. like we waste everything else in our world. Put them in a biohazard environment, and let it all build up like the rest of our garbage.

What else are we supposed to do with them..?

fe·tus /ˈfitəs/ [fee-tuhs]
(used chiefly of viviparous mammals) the young of an animal in the womb or egg, esp. in the later stages of development when the body structures are in the recognizable form of its kind, in humans after the end of the second month of gestation.

Also, especially British, foetus.

pe·do·phile /ˈpidəˌfaɪl/ [pee-duh-fahyl]
–noun Psychiatry. an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.

I guess foetus is just a british thing. they didn't list paedophile as a spelling at all.
Page 1 of 2