What are the odds of your college roommate also playing an instrument?

like you play guitar and you find your roommate plays bass/trumpet/guitar w/e and he has brought it with him to college like you and you jam all night long
Very high. It depends on where you go, but a lot of people play stuff which makes for great random jams.

The guy next door to me played guitar, the guy across the corridor from me played drums and the guy next door to him played trombone and keyboard. I play bass. It was good.
I guess you got a 50/50 chance he plays. A 50/50 chance hes good enough to jam with. And a 50/50 chance he wants to jam too.

So you got a 150% chance.
This makes me excited about my first dorm experience this coming fall.
well, i already know my roommate for the '09-'10 school year, and he's the best trumpet player in our high school, so.... they're pretty good for me.

almost everywhere you go, there'll be musicians. so like smb said, it's fairly likely.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
My first roommate was an accordion player

it was awesome (though a couple of nights we did manage to piss off the others....too much wine leads to really horrible singing)

he moved out a couple of months ago but my floor still has 2 other accordion players (and theres another three floors in the building, each with at least one)

anyway, theres a couple of guitarists scattered around the building
and a chick the plays the flute
and a bassist
Quote by smb
Very high. It depends on where you go, but a lot of people play stuff which makes for great random jams.

The guy next door to me played guitar, the guy across the corridor from me played drums and the guy next door to him played trombone and keyboard. I play bass. It was good.

well im a senior in a few months and im apllying early decision NYU-- the main reason because everyone at NYU is guaranteed a private bathroom (at least for 2 people)
so no public showering
You know, there's always a gonna be a weird roommate when you go off to college. Always.

So, if your roommate seems normal, guess what. You're it.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by The_Paranoia
I guess you got a 50/50 chance he plays. A 50/50 chance hes good enough to jam with. And a 50/50 chance he wants to jam too.

Probably about 25% that they play something, even less that they're worth jamming with. My floor had 6 guitarists, but I didn't want to jam with any of them.
Looking for my India/Django.
I already know my roommate is a musician... has a drum set and guitars and the whole shebang.. yeah Im sure we'll have some good times hah
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
I wish there was someone in my TOWN that I could jam with...
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
There were 5 of us this year, 3 played guitar. Pretty cool.

Next year, there will be 8 of us. As far as I know, no guitarist. However my girlfriend plays clarinet and another girl plays something else.

So, I dunno there is a fairly good chance I guess.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by The_Paranoia

That's 12.5%, genius.
Anyway... depends on where you're going to college. I'm going to UGA, so I've got pretty good odds. Skill level and specific instrument are toss-ups, though.
Quote by The_Paranoia

you fail at mathematics.
Too cool for a signature.
My roommate freshman year played guitar too,, but we never really jammed together,,, he was into The Smiths and LFTR PLLR and stuff like that,, cool stuff, but not really the kind of stuff I was into at the time
i have tone roommate who has a guitar, but she doesnt play it, and one sings... the other one just plays guitar hero.. but at UCF, they pair you up based on what major you in, where you're from, and year.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by The_Paranoia

What's that? You fail math?

Probability: 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/8

12.5%
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
id say pretty high for any instrument, especially guitar. for a lot of people they had to take an instrument for college credit, so im guessing a fair number continue to paly
Quote by The_Paranoia

I can't believe so many of you are so stupid you don't even get this joke
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I can't believe so many of you are so stupid you don't even get this joke

+1

Looking for my India/Django.
Very high if you choose your roommate.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by blair30
Bad maths or grammar are not to be joked about in the Pit

Fix'd.

But I'll admit, I laughed when I read 150%.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
The great thing is, one college counselor said that a lot of the engineering majors are active musicians....and I'm an engineering major!! So ill room with one, and more than likely, he'll have something to bring to the table.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by blair30
Why are you fixing what isnt broken?

Because bad maths and grammar are two things? Shouldn't one use 'are' and not 'is'?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by Nightfyre
That's 12.5%, genius.
Anyway... depends on where you're going to college. I'm going to UGA, so I've got pretty good odds. Skill level and specific instrument are toss-ups, though.

woo go dawgs!!!

EDIT: so this isn't bandwith waste, you could always teach someone an instrument if you so desire, but idk, i know a low of musicians, but like 2-3 that i'd actually jam with, so it depends, a lot may have wuit there instuments if there not a passionate as you, just go wait and see.

good luck!!!
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
Because bad maths and grammar are two things? Shouldn't one use 'are' and not 'is'?

+1, and +1 to the original post saying that bad math and bad grammar are not funny. If it's humor, at least give us something to let us know, because otherwise we naturally assume you suck at math/grammar.
Quote by blair30
No. My grammar was perfect.

I dunno maybe it's me. Something doesn't seem right when I read it aloud.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by blair30
No. My grammar was perfect.

+1 if you use "and" then you always use the plural pronoun, but if you use "or," then you go by the word that's closest to the pronoun
Quote by The_Paranoia

Almost as funny as the idiots correcting your "math."

Seriously, I know sarcasm is sometimes difficult to detect over the internet, but I don't think it gets more obvious than this.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Omg this is not a grammer discussion.

If you go to a music school I'm pretty sure you'd have a musician roommate.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Quote by AlucardZero
What's that? You fail math?

Probability: 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/8

12.5%

Yes, because that person was obviously being serious when they said 150%.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I can't believe so much people missed the joke. You are winrar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
When I applied for housing, there were options to better suit you with a roommate. It asked you what music you liked, what volumes you liked to play it at, and whether you played an instrument. Theoretically, all guitar players are roomed together.

Unfortunately, I am not a Fortunate Son, so instead of a dorm, I bought myself a bus pass.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
mine does and so do i... prolly like 25%, i gtot extremely lucky bc im a bassist, roomates a guitarist, and guy across the hall is a drumer and his roomates in choir
xbox live gamertag: phillips215