Not to sound like a noob, but I have this piece of metal that goes over my E and B strings that is held down by a screw that is placed in a hole in my headstock. I saw this when I first got my guitar. Somebody has to know what this is and what it does. I have no clue.

Hopefully I wont need pics...Thanks for the help.
string tree.
something to do with string tension and tuning stability
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?