http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-WMD-Warbeast-Electric-Guitar?sku=512689
This guitar looks badass and it's got some pretty badass specs to it. What do you guys think of it?
Some dude on a review said the neck was meaty Is it like SUPER thick, or thin enough for shredding?
Also, would the Drop D-Tuna install onto this?

And no hatred towards BC Rich. From what I've heard, they make decent high-end ones.
I've never played one but from the specs i'd say this would be a damn good guitar at a good price. You are right about the decent high end ones. I payed about the same for a left handed warlock. I only owned it 2 weeks but I wish i had never gotten rid of it!
nice looking axe i guess, its a little too pointy for me but it still looks cool. should sound good w/ the nato body.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
played it before, very nice, would get one if i had the money, i say a good buy. and dont worry about the neck, u'll be fine,
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
first bc rich i actually like
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
The WMD Warbeast looks awesome, but WAY too much for me!

for the price, I'm getting either the ESP MH-50 or MH-53, im not sure what the difference between the 2 are so I'm stuck on that.

but if I could i would get a WMD warbeast! that is...if the neck is thin
i have an nt warlock and im able to play bodom on there without a problem. i would have your action lowered though
I just read somewhere that this guy bought one and he says his Platinum Warlock is better
Also, do you think Guitar Center would have it in stock at their store (though it depends from store to store if they have it anyway) if it is backordered on their website?
Quote by RPGoof
I just read somewhere that this guy bought one and he says his Platinum Warlock is better
Also, do you think Guitar Center would have it in stock at their store (though it depends from store to store if they have it anyway) if it is backordered on their website?
probably not but possibly. i dont like the guitar center near me, it has cheapo guitars and not a very big selection unless you love gibson and fender, which isnt my style of guitar.
It looks to be an amazing guitar. I was choosing between this and the ASM Pro. Chose the ASM because of the shape and EMG's. In my opinion the NJ Deluxe warbeast looks nicer, but thats just my opinion.
And you're right, BC Rich mid to high end guitars are top quality. Maybe the low end one's as well, I've never tried one.
There's a youtube review on the WMD warbeast. The Rockfield's sound great!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
TS, I advise you take reviews on music sites such as Musician's Friend with a grain of salt, because there are some stupid people out there, and they all seem to congregate on that one site. The reviews I've read...I tell ya.

Get it if you want. People might give you flak for it being a BC Rich, but it IS a high-end model, so they'd be basing their judgments off their low end models. If you like it, then by all means get it, mmm k?
It's still made of Nato. I suppose it could be a good slice but I wouldn't trust it. And the pickups don't look great. I never liked the sound of those pickups. For that price I'd just get a Schecter Hellraiser or Blackjack ATX.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
BC Rich has some nice looking guitars, but that one looks lika cr*p actually.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
i've played it before.
Sounds good, plays really nice, but its a pain to play sitting down
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
anyone know if the body is bigger on the warbeast then the warlock im planning on getting one of the nj deluxes i was just wondering if theres a difference in size
I own this guitar and play it for hours everyday. it is a pain to play sitting down but sounds awesome clean and distorted. can't comment much on the neck I have big hands so it doesn't bother me at all
Quote by Retardwitguitar
i've played it before.
Sounds good, plays really nice, but its a pain to play sitting down

x2

I still have the freakin marks on my inner thighs ugh.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Hi. I have bought this babe today and It is really nice. Compared to my Ibanez Xiphos it has a thicker neck but because I have quite big hands and long fingers, it is not a big deal to me. Its ok. Guitar looks beautifully. Specially the "devil" head. I got it for 14000 CZ crowns. My Xiphos cost 21 700 CZ. 1€= cca 27 CZcrowns. Good for BC is design, ebony fretboard>rosewood (which is not bad at all! ORF>Edge III. Dunno what to thing about nato wood vs mahagony. When using higher output pups, wood is not so important I think. If i am wrong, repair mine opinion. Pups are maybe bit worse compared to my D activators aka "passive copying active EMG sounds" when playing with artificial harmonix. BC has Grover mechanics, Xiphos uses standard Ibanez I think. Otherwise really nice guitar and it is amust buy (Normally it is sold here for 18500 CZc). I hope this will help you a bit. I like that guitar. Also here is nice example of playing on WMD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_PwUP6kRQ4 BTW sorry for a bad English. PS: One man asked if the Warlock is bigger. No it is not. Front body horns are longer because they are taken from Beast shape.

EDIT: After plugging in my MT 2 and home amp, guitar sings art. harmonix with ease. (settings on 12 o clock). Overall I like sound on my Warbeast a little better. Sound is more articulate and I think it is because better tremolo system. Both guitars are great, but for me now, Xiphos is a bit overpriced. I know that recommended price of both babes is 699 or 799 Dollars) But U can get here BC cheaper. The fat neck is not for everyone but it suites me well as Ibanez one.

PS: I know my signature downthere is too big, but could not find where I have to change it to smaller font. If anybody got the idea, please write me a PM. Thanks ;o)
Ibanez RG570EX, Dunlop 8-38 E Standard, B.C. Rich Warbeast WMD, Dunlop 9-42 E Standard, Boss MT2, Sencor 30W, Planet Waves, Fast Track MkII. Dunlop Jazz III, Stubby
Last edited by Wakizashis at Apr 4, 2009,
Quote by RPGoof

BCs are good as others. maybe better. There are people who swear that mid or high BCs have the best necks of all the brands. Also try to check the video on youtube. Gibson explorer vs BC Rich Warlock KK signature (flame one with EMGs). Made by guy called DMOMetalguitar.
Ibanez RG570EX, Dunlop 8-38 E Standard, B.C. Rich Warbeast WMD, Dunlop 9-42 E Standard, Boss MT2, Sencor 30W, Planet Waves, Fast Track MkII. Dunlop Jazz III, Stubby