I've bought several new pieces of Gear in the last few months to get my Rig up to a pro standard. I've begun to notice though that all of the pieces of Gear on top of each other are beginning to affect my tone. In order- Tuner, 10-Band EQ, Tube Screamer, Noise Suppresor. I've taken out the EQ and the tuner to simplify things, and it seems to work. but the Suppresor is now cutting back on my sustain (not tone).
I've heard about the Compressor / Sustainer that Boss does and I was wondering how it worked. I need something to counter the Suppresor cutting off my Sustain so early due to it needing to be quite high for my high gain Rig. Would this counter the issue? I'm guessing I'll need to put it after the Suppresor. Will this help?
i just bought a keeley compressor and its true bypass (won't affect tone when off) and sounds like st. pete opened up the pearly gates on my amp
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
i just bought a keeley compressor and its true bypass (won't affect tone when off) and sounds like st. pete opened up the pearly gates on my amp

I don't mean to be a dick but what does that mean?
Quote by bdof
I don't mean to be a dick but what does that mean?

I'm guessing he is saying that his amp sounds heavenly now.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
do you really need the noise suppressor?

I don't use one at all and I gig regularly. Noise just is not an issue for me.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Was that eq a mxr by any chance? I want one.

It would seem like an eq is quite important to shaping your tone? Why not leave it? You may not need the noise suppressor like JLT73 said.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC