Poll: Best Metallica Bassist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best Metallica Bassist?
Cliff Burton
22 85%
Jason Newsted
0 0%
Robert Trujillo
4 15%
Voters: 26.
Cliff Burton. Most people will say that, including me, and get a poll.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Cliff. hands down.
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
it would be better to ask who people think is worst, thats more negotiable lol
cliff is the best...and i would say newsted was the worst. mind u, we'll see if my opinion changes after this next album...rob seems more skilled IMO, for now
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
cliff burton easily...he's the only good thing metallicas ever had besides dave mustaine.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Cliff by far, not to bring Robert down though cause he really is good, but those shoes can't be filled.

Jason sucked ass in Metallica though, I like him better in Flotsam and Jetsam
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Cliff Burton by far. Jason had good stage presence, but wasn't nearly as good as Cliff.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
I personally don't think that Cliff was that good. Pulling Teeth is the most boring instrumental i've ever heard. Just sounds like random noodling. He didn't stand out on many other songs either.

The new guy seems pretty good though.
As a bassist i think cliff is way overrated, people practically jerk off to him when you have amazing metal players like John Myung, Alex Webster, and Stefan Fimmers which would crush Burton... And not to mention all the amazing jazz and funk bassists like Wooten and Miller. He was a good bassist no doubt but not the best to ever live which he is hyped up to be. He made Metallica not suck as you can see by the descending quality in there music from each album after Cliff died. I think even Trujillo and Burton are about the same in skill but Trujillo has more diversity and is a terrific slap bassist.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight