Alright I'm looking at buying a new amp head, and buying a delay pedal.

My current amp head is a crate gt 1200h. It's all solid state and gets a decent amount of distortion and works ok for my band (progressive metal ala nevermore). However i'm tired of it and want something with more kick, you know? However I want to try and keep it under $1000. So any suggestions would be cool.

As for the delay pedal I've had many and played many and none that I liked very much. But I do like the delay effect alot I just can't find one I like. I've played just about every boss echo/delay so if someone could give me some suggestions on a non boss echo/delay for around $120 it would be appreciated.
digitech digital delay for the non boss delay
and u might wanna get a carvin head or try the new bugera heads, theirs ads are everywhere on gw mags.. they look impressive and well under 1,000
...signature...
i just realized ur a bass head....
- my amp head comment
...signature...
Quote by killjoys
digitech digital delay for the non boss delay
and u might wanna get a carvin head or try the new bugera heads, theirs ads are everywhere on gw mags.. they look impressive and well under 1,000

The Bugera looks interesting. Anybody ever played on one before?

edit: lol my amp is not a bass amp
Quote by imafool18

the link is for a bass amp head.

check out the mesa rectoverb combo,
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by TheKaiser77
^ yah it is but many guitar players like using those amps for guitar as well.

never seen or heard of that before
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Ya digitech makes good delays. For a head im gonna have to just say 5150/6505 as a given. But check out the Bugeras, there nice for the price.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by JLT73
never seen or heard of that before

Me neither.

Do you have experience with that?
since you mentioned nevermore, get a used Peavey Triple XXX head. Jeff Loomis used one for a long time with the group, so that should get you really close. Otherwise, i like my Mesa DC head, and i play progressive/experimental rock, post-hardcore and metal, and it can cover all of those with ease.
If hes talking about playing guitar through a bass amp then yes ive heard of that a lot. (i.e. fender bassman) But then again if hes not then i have no idea what you guys are talking about and im gonna leave.
Quote by yocomobebes
If hes talking about playing guitar through a bass amp then yes ive heard of that a lot. (i.e. fender bassman) But then again if hes not then i have no idea what you guys are talking about and im gonna leave.

I know about the bassman, but the ampeg he listed just doesn't sound right.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Used Randall Rm100 head.
Carbon copy delay?
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Is there anyway you could swing about $200 more? If you could, you get a Marshall Vintage Modern. That's a good amp, I'm not sure if it would push the metal you want, but, it's great for anything 70's/80's.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=480769V

This is the cheapest Vintage Modern. ^^^
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I personally didnt like the Vintage Modern series that much, and im pretty sure that it wouldnt suffice on the gain side. As he would need a semi high gain amp for proggressive metal.
All these suggestions are really helpful especially the bugera and peavey XXX. Thanks guys
Also point just be known the XXX is a bright amp, though it is still a great choice. As for delays Digitech DD- anytying, MXR Carbon Copy, or EHX delay pedal that escapes my mind.
So if it was between a Bugera and peavy XXX (Bugera new and peavy used are around the same price according to ebay) which would be the better buy?
the bugera for sure i think its great, much better IMO, the top end on the bugera isnt as harsh as the XXX, and i think the cleans arent as thin.
Quote by StratFox
Why not a JCM900 for an amp?

I've thought about it but I have a friend who has one and I don't like it too much.
I just got mine back from the shop after a very long time and I am soooo happy with it

What style of music are you playing?
Sort of a mixed bag. I enjoy progressive metal like I said, pop punk like sum 41, David Gilmour type stuff, and like U2/angels and airwaves type stuff. But by far the most important would have to be the progressive.
If you try the JCM900 again, make sure you turn your presence all the way off, and your treble to around 9 o clock.

It's a very bright amp.

Here's what I suggest.

Treble - 9 o clock
Mid - maxed out
Bass - maxed out
Presence - off
Gain - Noon
Volume - really loud haha
I will try again, last I toyed with it I only had about 5 mins and it was with his POS Ltd M-100. So i'll give it another go.
Make sure the guitar is good, too.

My JCM sounds like crap with guitars with bad pickups, etc.
yea i know what you mean but thanks for the suggestion I'll give it another chance to redeem itself btw I think I'll be checking out the Bugera. Thanks for the suggestions all. They were much appreciated.
For the delay, try out the new Digitech Hardwire series - The DL-8 delay/looper pedal is awesome, I'm getting it soon!