Ok, im planning on adjusting my truss rod on my Peavey Raptor Plus EXP. The neck is completely straight, and Im thinking thats the source of my fret buzz. Should the neck on my guitar be straight? I read that some guitars should be, and some shouldnt.
Of course it should be straight. What retard thinks your neck should be warped?
Try changing the action too. If you MUST change the truss rod, make TINY adjustments.
Quote by RPGoof
Try changing the action too. If you MUST change the truss rod, make TINY adjustments.

Just because it's not perfectly straight, doesn't mean it's warped. A perfectly straight neck allows for lower action, but can cause some buzz. All necks need a little bow, it's all a matter of preference.

To TS, give it a little relief/bow to alleviate some buzz, although you may want to raise your action a bit too.
i would go to the store i don't trust myself with that stuff, but as RP said make small adjustments if you have to
It depends on how your guitar is set up. Like that other guy said though, make extremely small adjustments otherwise you will break the neck.
Quote by RPGoof

I already changed the action. Still didnt get rid of fret buzz in the first position.

Ive got no gap. Im talking a slight adjustment, not making it warped.
i had to give my esp a little bow to get low action with no buzz
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
so should I lightly do it until I have no buzz? (I know not to do it too much, just checking)
put a capo or have a friend or even just do it yourself, on the first fret and the 14/15th fret and check for a gap around the 6/7th fret, you should have a very very small one, then its all good

and i dont see why people say you have to be so fragile on your truss around i had to turn mine quite a bit just to get it normal, might just be poor esp crafstmanship
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Ok, I checked again, and it seems there is a EXTREMELY small gap. (I dont know if its even there, maybe my eyes tricking me) Should I adjust it to a small, but visible gap?
Quote by AlskiOverload
Ok, I checked again, and it seems there is a EXTREMELY small gap. (I dont know if its even there, maybe my eyes tricking me) Should I adjust it to a small, but visible gap?

measure the gap, the general rule is you want less relief for really fast playing and more relief for blues and whatnot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Hmm, If I raise the action to compensate, will it screw up my intonation? I messed with the action this morning, and it didnt screw up my intonation so, how much is too much?
Quote by AlskiOverload
Hmm, If I raise the action to compensate, will it screw up my intonation?

Yes.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Yes.

your sig is some ****ed up new agey **** thats blowing my mind you blue state commie bastard

jaykizzle =] my beezy for bein a bizatch in da hizouse niggguhhhhhh
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
your sig is some ****ed up new agey **** thats blowing my mind you blue state commie bastard

jaykizzle =] my beezy for bein a bizatch in da hizouse niggguhhhhhh

If you can't recognise poetry (and who's it is) then thats your problem..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I need some help with a similar problem, I tried giving my neck a little bit of relief but it seems to have only effected one side of the neck (low e) at about the 12th fret. Meaning that the action at the 12th is higher than all the others, buzzing is better than before but its just annoying having an inconsistent action across the neck.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube