I am tempted to buy a Peavey 6505 4x12 300W Guitar Cabinet. I play metal but I also like to kick back and play some blues. It would be appreciated if anyone with experience with this cabinet could help or advise me in my decision-making. Thanks.
none yet i was looking at line 6 though, i would get the cabinet and head at the same time
my friend has it and it kicks ass but he has the head too so that might make a huge differance in my opinion about it
hopefully not a line 6 spider? If so dont waste your money and your time. whats your budget?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
i don't have much experience with tubes, i wouldn't know where it start
anything under 2000?!?!

this isnt my territory. but there are tons of people here that can show you the way.
ok maybe not 2000, but up there, i probably wouldn't shoot for over 1500
Jsx, very versatile, and the ultra channel has plenty of gain, and great cleans.

edit: Marshall 1960A w/ v30 celestions for a cab
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by sacamano79
Jsx, very versatile, and the ultra channel has plenty of gain, and great cleans.

+1

for $1500, look at something like a used mesa combo. with that kind of budget you can play around with a lot of different amps, but try them out before you buy them!!
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by lzfan933
how about a head?

the Peavey JSX is the head.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
the cleans arent that great i hear. so i you need versatility then go for the JSX.
Quote by lzfan933
peavey 6505 plus half stack?

1. Dont count on the good cleans. JSX has amazing cleans.

2. Unless you play super death metal, you dont need that much distortion. On the JSX, You can get Metallica-like distortion just form the crunch channel, the ultra channel is so much more.

3. It is really geared towards rhythm playing, JSX give more of a lead tone.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79

edit: Marshall 1960A w/ v30 celestions for a cab

hell yeah!!