they are roughly the same guitar from what I've seen and heard, but I do wanna know what the difference is?

The MH-50 has Maple/Rosewood fretboard
The MH-53 has a Maple fretboard.
I would prefer Rosewood, so far I'm leaning more towards the MH-50 (plus i think it looks cooler).

ok this is probably the important part...
The MH-50 has:
Pickups: ESP LH-150 set and Volume tone 3-way toggle

The MH-53 has:
Pickups: ESP LH-150 / LS-120 / LS-120 SET (H/S/S) and 5-Way Switch

so what differences are there? well there is a 5-way switch rather than 3-way and that includes the LS-120 SET.
So is that a big difference? I'm I really missing out if I get the MH-50? what's so good about the LS-120 set?
the only differnce is the pup config and neck. And don't get either of them
Quote by Ghold125
the only differnce is the pup config and neck. And don't get either of them

what does pup config mean?

then what should i get then for the $250 price range? I was under the impression ESP guitars are very good, even the low-end ones. I've been looking on musiciansfriend btw.
scroll down and you see ones that say spad and most are metallic but one
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss4.html

VERY GOOD VALUE

or an agile 2000 from the same site i just mentioned, better then a low end esp and i say this owning an esp
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
oh and pup config means the set of pickups in the guitar
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
scroll down and you see ones that say spad and most are metallic but one
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss4.html

VERY GOOD VALUE

or an agile 2000 from the same site i just mentioned, better then a low end esp and i say this owning an esp

thanks ash. but here is what i noticed about the spad's, no whammy, no Floyd Rose, looks kind of plain. What's so great about these compared to ESP?

same goes with the agile 2000, as well as it not having enough frets. I wanted it to have 24/25
At least the 2 guitar's arn't made out of Agathis, but the only problem is the tremolo won't last long at all.
Quote by El Cumanés
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ZyN7jXnDs

Check this video, the guy is using the LTD MH-53. Make sure to read the comments.

watched the video, it was cool. read the comments, makes the guitar seem really nice, except one comment mentioning problems when tuned to drop C.
Quote by Ghold125
At least the 2 guitar's arn't made out of Agathis, but the only problem is the tremolo won't last long at all.

lol what exactly does that mean the tremolo wont last long at all? I'm a noob when it comes to names and words.
Quote by mikeeey
lol what exactly does that mean the tremolo wont last long at all? I'm a noob when it comes to names and words.

being those guitar's cost around $250, there going to be made with lowest of quality. Using cheap parts and metals. This being, the knief edge's that the tremolo is on will ware down quickly because of the weak metals. And you will loose your tuning stability.
Quote by Ghold125
being those guitar's cost around $250, there going to be made with lowest of quality. Using cheap parts and metals. This being, the knief edge's that the tremolo is on will ware down quickly because of the weak metals. And you will loose your tuning stability.

well but the thing is I've heard from multiple people who have owned this guitar for 2 years, and they say it's still great! I'm talking about the MH-50, which I'm going to get, unless someone can convince me otherwise for the $250 price range lol.