Hey - new to the forums

What is the greatest pickup ever in your opinion? and why?

For me - Dimarzio Super Distortion

With one of these things, I can do anything haha

Chords come out clear, individual notes pop, yeah...
+1

SD's rock
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
for me Dimarzio D activator x's,
they can do awesome cleans, chords are good, so are individual notes, IT INCREASED MY SUSTAIN, and it can go anywhere from barely dirty, to castrating you with a single note, pretty sweer
Anybody who knows - How are Fender SCN's?

I'm thinking about getting a set
how are the mark tremonti treble and bass pickups? I was thinking of putting some of those in my custom 22.
Quote by SoulDecay
how are the mark tremonti treble and bass pickups? I was thinking of putting some of those in my custom 22.

I wouldn't use anything with Tremonti's name on it...except maybe for the Power Wah
Quote by StratFox

They aren't the best... I think Noiseless single coils kind of defeat the purpose of single coils. They don't sound like they should be in a stratocaster, they get rid of the strat vibe in my opinion.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by StratFox

they're ok. definitely noiseless, but they still won't give you the perfect strat sound. i would definitely try them out before you buy them.

actually i don't think i would consider them an upgrade at all.
A set of slightly overwound (formvar wire), alnico V single coils.

That's just the basic recipe for the greatest pickup ever IMO, there's hundreds of pickup sets similar to that basic recipe.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thanks guys

I've tried other noiseless sets and I didn't like them. But then again, I'm not really a single coil kind of guy
i love my tex-mex's. i think they sound better than texas specials. not as muddy.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.