So, I'm looking for a good OD pedal. While excellent for what it is, I've become a little dissatisfied with my Peavey's overdrive. Below around $200.

I'm considering a Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic. From that, you may guess I'm mostly doing classic rock - Rush, Zeppelin, Heart, Aerosmith. The heaviest I'm planning on getting is Megadeth, Metallica, etc. Any other recommendations welcome.

I'm playing through a Peavey Classic 30. My main axe is an Epiphone Alleykat - by the time I get the OD, it should have some Seymours in it. I may also have an Explorer or a V by the time the purchase rolls around.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jul 22, 2008,
Visual Sound's Jekyll & Hyde was a good pedal for me (but I don't like OD pedals)

For a boost, I used to use a SD-1
How do you not get a great classic overdrive tone with the classic 30????? I must know!
i agree with Stratfox, J&H would be good for the range of music your into. I've had one for like a year and a half and i can tell you from experience that its VERY versitile, from smooth OD's to Cut Throat Distortions! I think its a good way to go.
i used to own a MI audio Blueboy Deluxe. It sounded amazing and was very versatile.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by Ghold125
How do you not get a great classic overdrive tone with the classic 30????? I must know!

It's not that it isn't an excellent OD tone by itself - it is. I'm just looking fro something else, possibly just a boost. I was mostly diggin' the Duncan for it's features, But having a boost would probably be good enough.

I'll look into the Jekyll and Hyde and the Fulltone. Heard great things about those. Thanks everyone!