gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Help us out a bit here...what kind of music do you like? Any specific requirements? And what is that USD or something else?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by selkies
ibanez s series

i hate ibanez's
i dont know why
lol i just hate the way they play
no offence though, everyong has their own opinions
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
i hate ibanez's
i dont know why
lol i just hate the way they play
no offence though, everyong has their own opinions
Ah, dude Ibanez's are the best haha.
i mostly play classic rock and blues, though i am getting more interested in jazz/fusion. i already have an epiphone sg '66 reissue and a 2002 fender highway one strat with two dimarzio area '59's and an area '61. no specific requirements. and it is USD
Ibanez sz320. I have it and I love it. It does have a rather chunky neck though(for an Ibanez), but its not bad, I have no problem shreddin on it. An S is a good idea too, if you want a slightly longer, thinner neck, but make sure you get one with a good trem if you decide you want an S.
Check out the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Very versitle guitar and it is at the peak of your price range. I'm sure you can work down the price though, I could've gotten one for 500 out the door, but I ended up going with my Ibanez instead.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
i really wanna get a sound like santana. i've been thinkin bout a PRS. but i havent tried one out yet. what do you guys think?
Ibanez's aren't that great for his main styles of classic rock and blues. A stratocaster would do those nicely, allthough you already have one. I second alienboys reccomendation of trying out an Epiphose Les Paul Custom. Very good, very versatile.

PS - to get a lower price you can haggle with the salesperson. I know for a fact that none of the prices on anything in the store are set in stone, they are all negotiable. I could go into great detail LOL thats how many times I've done this. Also, telling them that this is not a gift from your parents, that you earned the money yourself. (even if it is a lie) They have more respect for you if you know that you earned your money yourself, that you worked so you could buy this guitar.

edit: ^ Yes!!! Another Santana fanboy! If you like his tone you should definitely check around for PRS's in your price range. However, he uses the most high quality guitars, so just getting a PRS is not going to make you sound anywhere near him. Only get a guitar if you are sure this is the one you want and you have exhausted all other choices. I don't mean to be nosy, I just want you to get the best for your money.
Do NOT look behind you.
Last edited by c_man471 at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by hendrixlives69
just for the record, i'm not a shredder

also for the record, jazz/fusion requires shredding abilities.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
PS - to get a lower price you can haggle with the salesperson. I know for a fact that none of the prices on anything in the store are set in stone, they are all negotiable. I could go into great detail LOL thats how many times I've done this. Also, telling them that this is not a gift from your parents, that you earned the money yourself. (even if it is a lie) They have more respect for you if you know that you earned your money yourself, that you worked so you could buy this guitar.

Might I add one more good way to get lower prices...
Always buy from the same guy! This is very important. You do so much less haggling when you always buy from one guy. I got my 6505+ (sticker 1159.99 (+tax)) for 1000 after tax after 20 seconds of haggling.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
^^Shredding isn't just death metal. And there actually isn't a lot of real shredding in real death metal.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
speed metal, metalcore, and others are shredding but death metal is more of a deep chug chug sound... correct?
as for the guitar i really like the Laguna guitars for that price range
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Why has nobody yet asked about his amp?

Are you looking for a change in the playability of the guitar or new features, or are you just looking to change your tone and overall sound? If you're looking for a sound change, an amp change will do far more than a new guitar will.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.