I've recently resparked my interest in my DigiTech RP300A multieffect, and I cannot find any help online about where it should be in an effect chain. I know the problem is that there is not a single established effect I could call it, and place it accordingly, but perhaps someone has a good idea of where it should be. Taking into account how it acts as everything from a whammy to a wah to an equalizer, and that it is digital, could anyone offer some advice on where to put this? I currently use distortion, overdrive/clean boost, delay, tuner, and chorus/flange pedals in my chain (not in that order). Should this simply be at the end? Beginning? Middle?

Advice?
-
I would put it outside the loop personally.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
what are you going to use it for? if for mostly modulation effects, put it in the effects loop if you got one.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I thought of that too, but w/o the cash for a channel switcher, multiple loops are a bit out of the question. Suggestions for on the same loop?

Edit: Mostly modulation yes, but I'm wondering where in the loop, I know it affects the sound.
-
If it's in the loop, I would put it at the beginning but then again, I don't use many modulation effects.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
What makes you say the beginning? Since it's digital, it would be sending a digital signal to the rest of my effects (even in bypass, because it's not true bypass), and would that just butcher the signal they modify?
-
why dont you just experiment with it and then find what you like. its not going to hurt anything.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I can absolutely do that, I was just wondering if someone with more knowledge on this could offer me at least a...starting point. And they did: the beginning. Thanks!
-
Quote by RuledBySecrecy
What makes you say the beginning? Since it's digital, it would be sending a digital signal to the rest of my effects (even in bypass, because it's not true bypass), and would that just butcher the signal they modify?

I was just on guitargeek checking out effect loops and I saw that alot of people had pedals like the Whammy pedal in the beginning of the loops. Just try it out in different locations.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp