Hey so after some researching around this forum, I looked at the roland cube 30x since it caught my eye in particular.

Now i'm looking to buy an amp to replace my other one, a vox ad30vt-xl (more like return and exchange for it). I don't like the vox enough to want to keep it. It was more of an impulse buy. I'm looking to grab the roland cube 30x to replace it, but like i said i did a little bit of researching in this forum.

I've seen various opinions to the cube amp. some people like it, some people hate it. I want to know why some people really dislike this amp because when I played it in the store it sounded pretty good to me.

My experience is I've been playing acoustic guitar since last november 2007 and then bought a schecter c-1 elite diamond series from a friend. I'm looking to play everything I can. I'm definitely not a very good guitar player yet but i'm practicing to get better.

tl;dr version.

I have about 8 months of experience playing guitar. I want to buy a roland cube 30x. I looked on this forum. Some people dislike the cube so can anyone tell me why or what is so bad about it?

Thanks
Why don't you like the Vox?

There's not a massive difference between the two amps IMO, if you don't like the VOx I have a feeling you won't like the Cube either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hey.

I was a little skeptical when I was about to buy the vox amp. There was a friend there helping me pick out amps. We didn't have the option of looking into the cube amp because it wasn't in stock at the store. I bought it because he said it was the best value for my money in that store without going overboard. i still don't feel very comfortable about it.

To me the cube seems a little more user-friendly.

So why is it people dislike the cube amp selection possibly other than the fact it may not give them the tone they want? (which I guess is the only reason not to like a cube/guitar).
The Vox is the XL, the Cube should be miles better. At least in my opinion.
Quote by steven seagull
Why don't you like the Vox?

There's not a massive difference between the two amps IMO, if you don't like the VOx I have a feeling you won't like the Cube either.

Interesting, I thought the Cube was alot better then the Vox.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I have a Cube, I like it man, it's a good "all in one" amp.
I'm not a major guitar player, a n00b in fact, but at the moment, if fulfills my needs very good.
In general, the cube is known better for metal and the vox is better for all types of rock and blues. If you want to play mainly metal, you might like the cube better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
It seems that XL series from Vox is not that good while the other vox's are awesome if you are into hard rock.
Also Cube is known for it's better metal tones than Vox.
They are equal amps(excluding the XL series which you have), but it is up to you and your style.
I'm picking up a cube 30x really soon after some research and it seems a really good choice for a practice amp!
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by grobbo91
In general, the cube is known better for metal and the vox is better for all types of rock and blues. If you want to play mainly metal, you might like the cube better.

This.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
IMO the cube is better than the Vox. the cube is a fantastic all round amp, and where it doesnt excell in anything in particular, it does everything to a good standard. It can do high gain, low crunchy overdrive, and everything in between. The onboard effects are good as well. Its a great amp for someone whos played as long as you, as it really opens doors.

my only issue with the amp was its clean. It was just...too clean, if you get me. Sticking an overdrive pedal before it to give it a nice crunchy clean tone solved it though.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.