im left handed and i played a strat today and i must say. cya later les paul! loved the feel. im gonna buy a hss and replace the humbucker for a more hard rock sound. what would go good in there? nothing too metal nor too light.
You like the humbucker tone on a strat? Hmm.

As we chat, my HSS strat is being converted to SSS in the shop.

Your preferences are odd though. Not too metal not too light? Kinda sounds single-coil-ish to me.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I think you should stick with the strat bucker, if your lookin for that rockish tone.
An symour duncan JB is really good, but that might be alittle too metal...
Guitars:
Jackson JS300 Kelly
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez Nylon acoustic

Amps:
Crate 15 watt(Broke)
Dean 10 watt amp
Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey XXX(Lookin for a cab...)

Pedals:
G2 Zoom Multi-FX(Tuner)
duncan?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I'd agree on a Seymour Duncan. A buddy of mine also had a pickup put in his guitar from a made-to-order guy out western Canada; I'll get back to you with a link when he's around.
Quote by xdiablox37
im left handed and i played a strat today and i must say. cya later les paul! loved the feel. im gonna buy a hss and replace the humbucker for a more hard rock sound. what would go good in there? nothing too metal nor too light.

You've got no way of knowing what to replace it with until you actually own the guitar and have played it for a while through your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Your preferences are odd though. Not too metal not too light? Kinda sounds single-coil-ish to me.

While you may prefer an SSS strat to an HSS strat, your post ("You like the humbucker tone on a strat? Hmm.") gives the impression that liking an HSS strat is unusual--which is certainly not the case. Without turning this thread into another HSS vs SSS battleground, I will say that the HSS pickup configuration is extremely popular because of its versatility, and I find nothing unusual about the TS liking the humbucker tone on a strat.

TS, as far as what pickup to purchase, however, take steven seagull's advice---wait until you've played the guitar for a while through your own amp and then decide what kind of pickup you'll need.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by SlinkyBlue

i wouldn't say his preferences are odd at all. look how many people consider EVH's tone the holy grail (or one of the holy grails, at least).

Quote by steven seagull
You've got no way of knowing what to replace it with until you actually own the guitar and have played it for a while through your amp.

agreed.

Quote by FourSticks17
While you may prefer an SSS strat to an HSS strat, your post ("You like the humbucker tone on a strat? Hmm.") gives the impression that liking an HSS strat is unusual--which is certainly not the case. Without turning this thread into another HSS vs SSS battleground, I will say that the HSS pickup configuration is extremely popular because of its versatility, and I find nothing unusual about the TS liking the humbucker tone on a strat.

TS, as far as what pickup to purchase, however, take steven seagull's advice---wait until you've played the guitar for a while through your own amp and then decide what kind of pickup you'll need.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?