Hey guys, I'm havin an issue with my computer audio and have no clue how to fix it.

I was sitting at my computer, playing Glasgow Kiss on my guitar with the Guitar Pro tab, when I realized that the sound comin from my guitar and my comp were different. Every computer note was 1/2 step higher than my guitar. So I checked my guitar's tuning, and it was perfectly in tune.

I compared some songs to my computer's playback, and sure enough, all the sounds coming from my comp are 1/2 step higher than they should be.

I seriously have no idea how to fix it, I tried googling the problem, but I got nothin... If you guys know anything that could help I'd appreciate it, because its annoying as hell

Thanks in advance
Do you mean ALL sounds, including MP3's?

If yes, then er, no idea.

If not, reinstall Guitar Pro, removing all files and folders manually if any are left afterwards and it should fix the problem.
Is your guitar in standard tuning? Make sure the tunings in the tab and your guitar are the same... or you just might have issues. ;-)
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Lol, thanks but I don't have issues.

The guitar is fine, and I started playing music from my phone to compare to music on youtube- same problem; the computer songs sounded 1/2 step higher than my phone's playback

I played a song (on the computer) with open strings (Nothing Else Matters) sound was off

I played a song I knew by heart (Learn to fly) on the comp, also 1/2 step up.

There isn't an issue with my guitar, its tuned perfectly, the problem is with my computer audio, and I have no idea whats going on
This is truly bizarre. It could be the soundcard hardware itself, the computer settings or driver conflicts.
If it's only with guitar pro, then there's probably a transposition function turned on somewhere. It it's on other programs, too, then I don't know what to tell you.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I highly doubt your computer has just started increasing the pitch on all audio... That's pretty much impossible.

Check and double check that it's not your guitar that's a half-step down or something else that's obvious.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
^ yeah I checked to see if it was just guitar pro, because mine is always kinda touchy, but the sound is off everywhere, youtube, windows media, zune, guitar pro...

I'm assuming its eitherbroken speakers or a broken sound card, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience
Quote by Smokey Amp
I highly doubt your computer has just started increasing the pitch on all audio... That's pretty much impossible.

Check and double check that it's not your guitar that's a half-step down or something else that's obvious.

It doesn't make sense to me, either, but its true... My guitar is %100 Fine. I already checked that 5 or 6 times.
I know what it is, you have to go into your 'sound effect' settings, on the taskbar.
I'll up a pic now, wait a second.

It's the blue + yellow one.
Inside that, go into the sound effects tab, and make sure the 'KEY' setting is +0#

Hope it works for you, it did for me.

Edit: That might just be for my sound card or whatever, Idk. There will be something similar for everyone though i'm guessing.

Third edit : No problem, Glad you got it sorted.
-

Last edited by Aléx at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by Aléx
I know what it is, you have to go into your 'sound effect' settings, on the taskbar.

LOL thanks alot, man. Without the picture I was able to figure it out.

Key was set to +1... I guess I'm not crazy, someone else in the house must've screwed it up.

Thanks again, its all fixed now.

(On a separate note, Dave Grohl really sounds like a woman when I kick his voice up two whole steps )
ive got no idea
but most of the suggestions on here seem good
take it to a store if you have no idea
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Wow, very strange.

I actually have that program that was causing the problem on my computer, I just had no idea it could do that.

Kudos, Aléx.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Aléx

It's the blue + yellow one.
Inside that, go into the sound effects tab, and make sure the 'KEY' setting is +0#

Hope it works for you, it did for me.

Edit: That might just be for my sound card or whatever, Idk. There will be something similar for everyone though i'm guessing.

Third edit : No problem, Glad you got it sorted.

I hate you

On a slightly related note, why do realtek insist on installing this useless crap with their drivers? its just IRRITATING!

i'm sure creative wouldn't pull something like this!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
I hate you

On a slightly related note, why do realtek insist on installing this useless crap with their drivers? its just IRRITATING!

i'm sure creative wouldn't pull something like this!

Do you mean options such as pitch shift and environmental sound? Creative actually pioneered it.. Google EAX I'm sure alot of info will come up. I much prefer my Realtek sound and software to my older Creative sound-card and software, on the whole!