i've currently got a fender tele that is my main guitar, and i am looking for something new to try with humbuckers. i don't know if there is anything i can get with a similar tele "feel," as i don't really want a second telecaster with just humbuckers. the obvious (at least to me) choice is a gibson, and i have been thinking about an SG. i've never played one but plan to pretty soon on a trip to guitar center. so my question is which SG in specific should i try out, and what other guitars should i look at as well? i play mostly bluesy, "indie" and folk rock type stuff but want to branch out a bit with some humbuckers.
thank you for any replies
signed,
your favorite poster
How about an HSS Strat?

Gibsons are expensive, and from what you want to play, the Strat could handle it, as well as many more.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Standard if you have the money, a faded is if your broke

edit: and yes, strat is a good option ^
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
i've tried a strat but not an HSS, last time i didn't like the feel of it much but it's worth another try.
for the faded SG, is the finish the only real downgrade? and if so how bad is that finish?
signed,
your favorite poster
It isn't bad, if that's what you going for, there are only minor cosmetic changes (finish, pickup covers, fret inlays) Although for some reason people say there is a difference in sound quality you will get out of them. Im not really sure on that part, the only difference I know of is cosmetic, although they may use different wood.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Gibsons won't feel like telecasters.

The main noticeable difference in the SG faded is it has a thicker neck. I have one, and I love it.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
yeah i guess i know that, i just have been interested in trying out an SG as well as anything with humbuckers that might feel tele-ish. i'll try out that HSS strat as well.
signed,
your favorite poster