I didn't get any of that stuff
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by Svennz
I didn't get any of that stuff

What it meant to me was - more information can be stored/conveyed/decoded from a smaller number of bites, meaning faster, better, bigger-memory computers.
Oh yeah, and hella expensive too.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Finally Crysis will be playable on very high mode.
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

Quote by mattyp90
What it meant to me was - more information can be stored/conveyed/decoded from a smaller number of bites, meaning faster, better, bigger-memory computers.
Oh yeah, and hella expensive too.

Eventually it'll get cheaper though.

Anything with Quantum in the name must be cool
I'm starting a degree in Physics with Quantum and Laser Technology in september, so i'll be learning all about this ****
.....maybe i should be slightly more interested in the computing side of things if im gonna do that degree...
Ah well, I can transfer to a plain ol' Physics degree during the first year if I want
Drive me home Jeeves
But will it have enough RAM for Vista???
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm a bit more interested in the DNA computer link on that page...

Yeah same here... A DNA computer!

It sounds pretty cool. Using biochemistry etc. instead of normal silicon crap...
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Does this mean I can finally run Crysis without lag?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Does this mean I can finally run Crysis without lag?

HEY...
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

If you dont play crysis on high resolutions than you can run it on high, like me
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
How about a jesus computer?

I mean.
sounds about as reasonable as DNA computer.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by sdmfmofo
Finally Crysis will be playable on very high mode.

I doubt it!
A qubit has some similarities to a classical bit, but is overall very different. Like a bit, a qubit can have two possible values–normally a 0 or a 1. The difference is that whereas a bit must be either 0 or 1, a qubit can be 0, 1, or a superposition of both (ie it can be both at the same time).
I don't know if this is the same, but in my physics class at school, we were doing superconductivity, meaning that once you get something past a certain temperature, it has zero resistance, meaning that there is no heat generated. The computers you could make would be epic.
Quote by Demons&Wizards
A qubit has some similarities to a classical bit, but is overall very different. Like a bit, a qubit can have two possible values–normally a 0 or a 1. The difference is that whereas a bit must be either 0 or 1, a qubit can be 0, 1, or a superposition of both (ie it can be both at the same time).

... That makes no sense. How can it have 0 value and 1 value at the same time. Wouldn't that just be 1?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
We simulated a quantum computer last year.. I couldn't see the point of it except that it did things pretty fast. Except what it did was find you a database entry when you already knew where it was :s

Watching the superpositions collapse through the application of quantum gates was fun though.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
... That makes no sense. How can it have 0 value and 1 value at the same time. Wouldn't that just be 1?

erm 1 and 0 are binary numbers, their values aren't just 1 and 0
Quote by fretsonfire74
I don't know if this is the same, but in my physics class at school, we were doing superconductivity, meaning that once you get something past a certain temperature, it has zero resistance, meaning that there is no heat generated. The computers you could make would be epic.

All well and good, but things like DNA computing get speed in a different way. DNA transistors are a) smaller, b) switch faster than normal silicon based PCs.
There are serious problems with quantum computing at the moment that need to be overcome.
erm 1 and 0 are binary numbers, their values aren't just 1 and 0

they're.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by smb
There are serious problems with quantum computing at the moment that need to be overcome.

what are they?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

Quote by smb
Keeping qubits entangled.

But that is easily overcome by redirecting the muons through a subplatronic condenser.