hey im planning to buy either a epiphone les paul custom or a epi slash les paul standard plus....but the thing is they both sound real nice and look reall good to me...but i cant afford to buy both...can ya guys help me which would be better?? thnx
I have never played one of the Slash Epi's, but it seems good. The custom plays great, and has decent pickups. Also, the quality control of the customs is good from all the ones I have played. Mind you, the Slash Les Paul has a Slash neck profile, so really it is a hit or miss, you'll ever like the feel of it, or dislike it. Also, Slash's Epi has the Alnico II Pro humbuckers (the ones Slash has in his Les Pauls), so I'm guessing those are better than the Alnico classics of the custom. You should really go out there and try them out, and see which you prefer.
I think the neck profile on Slash LP is a bit different from the Custom. Go check it out.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I've slash epi, i love my slash epi but there are some issues which i think u need to know b4 u decided to buy 1.

1. first the hardware isnt good, the tunners on mine are crap i keep getting nasty buzz on them when i strum the guitar. Also the knobs/nut had to go as well. I guess epi china put them on so it looks like a guitar...
2. wiring on slash epi is slappy or should i say a huge mess! the inner cavity wasnt paint properly(i rarely seen this but it looks like it was painted by some 4 yr old with random black strokes every where) i had eveything redone/rework by my luthier.
3. tried 3 in the store and the necks are all over tighten even the high e string buzz and pickup too high.

After some hardware replacement and professional setup(uh huh, just add another $150 on the bill) it's 1 of the best epi lp I've ever played. If you can deal with what I have gone through, go for it. But for $900+ I'd highly recommand you to get an Edward instead, the QC on edwards are much more consistent and the default hardware are much better quality than epi. (FYI, for less than $900 you get SD PUs, bone nut, long neck tenon, better worksmanship n less trouble)
Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If you live in the UK, go out and buy this months guitar and bass magazine, theres a feature on this exact question
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Always follow the master

Slash Les Paul Std.

but if u care more about looks, well choose the custom...
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
get the custom if its cheaper and change the pickups, you dont even need to put alnico 2 pickups in it, my gibson l/p with burstbuckers sounds closer to slash than my epi with alnico 2 pickups so the pickups dont matter that much, plus if the slash sig is a copy of what slash uses do you realy want a guitar that copys what someone else likes? get something for you
does Slash actually play the Epiphone or does he play a Gibson? I am not a fan of GNR, as I always thought Cinderella was better (plus Tom Kiefer played cooler guitars) but I don't think I have ever seen Slash playing an Epiphone aside from the ad for this one.
slash doesnt play the epi, iv not heard cinderella for years, will have to have a look for one of their albums, although there not in the same class as gnr
True, Cinderella was more of a blues band and GNR was more like Jetboy or Faster Pussycat.

If he doesn't even play it that's kind of lame. I wouldn't buy a sig model if the person didn't even play it.
They try and make cheap versions of the sig guitars to cater for the people who can't afford the real ones (read: to make loads more money). It's a practically laughable idea that he'd actually play it....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by texico11
Lol. I have to agree with J.mit. It's not like they put a logo on the guitars and call it a slash signature just to make it sell without slash actually even using the model. Slash went to epiphone so that he could make a model thats affordable for the mainstream. I'm pretty sure he has a signature gibson aswell, theres a review on UG.

Regardless, from what i've heard, its had good reviews and is a fairly decent guitar.

do you realy believe slash went to epiphone so they would make a cheap sig for people? he signed a deal with gibson for lots of money to let them make a guitar similar to his with his name on it, it was all for the money not to let people get cheap gear
From what I've read, the redeeming feature of the Slash guitar seems to be that it's a solid plank of wood. No weight relieving.
Quote by SenorSmiley
does Slash actually play the Epiphone or does he play a Gibson? I am not a fan of GNR, as I always thought Cinderella was better (plus Tom Kiefer played cooler guitars) but I don't think I have ever seen Slash playing an Epiphone aside from the ad for this one.

Apparently all of the guitars Slash plays were ghostbuilt by some LA luthier (although that slimeball Ed Roman says that on his site, I've read it elsewhere too, it's common knowledge), not by Gibson.

Deception FTW, and +1 to whoever said get the Edwards.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by Mo Jiggity
Apparently all of the guitars Slash plays were ghostbuilt by some LA luthier (although that slimeball Ed Roman says that on his site, I've read it elsewhere too, it's common knowledge), not by Gibson.

Deception FTW, and +1 to whoever said get the Edwards.

yeh this is correct, until slash got his own custom by gibson
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3