this may sound stupid but i was wondering if putting aluminum foil over my pickups would change the sound? and does anyone have any tips on other weird things that can be done to pickups ?
LOL, well, why don't you try putting foil on YOUR pickups and see if they change the sound. The only other thing I've heard about modding pickups (besides swapping them) is to change the pole pieces if they are interchangeable (something of that nature).
i suppose you could put foil on your pickups, if you want you guitar to sound like steel wool on ball sack...try loosening the screws in your pickups, it will change the tone durastically, but dont lossen them too far, it will make the sensitivity weak.
lol i found some and did try it, i think it is only in my head but it sounds deeper(its a starstrat) and it looks cool but damn... not what i was hoping
oh, on a strat you dont have the pickup screws...try opening them up and puting extra wire on the coils, it will make them more sensitive and you will get a sharper attack.
Quote by fret-less
oh, on a strat you dont have the pickup screws...try opening them up and puting extra wire on the coils, it will make them more sensitive and you will get a sharper attack.

This is ridiculous.

And TS: I dont think it will do much, but humbucker covers make a noticeable difference so foil might...