Just got myself a long overdue new amp. A Cornford Hurricane. This thing is saweeet. Totally handwired and hand assembled throughout and it just oozes amazing tone.

When I get an opportunity I'll record some samples.

how much was it?
and why did you choose it over hellcat, harlequin or mk50h or others?
i couldn't find one here, but even if i could, it will probably cost a bomb.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Last edited by necrophilic at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by necrophilic

how much was it?
and why did you choose it over hellcat, harlequin or mk50h or others?
i couldn't find one here, but even if i could, it will probably cost a bomb.

I paid £1150 for it new. I wanted a 1x12 combo as I don't have room for heads and cabs right now. I tried the Harlequin and the Hurricane literally side by side. The Harlequin sounded very good and very similar to the Hurricane, but the Hurricane just sounded a tad richer and thicker plus lots more headroom for gigging which I need.

The hellcat combo sounded awesome, more compressed and more gain, but it was out of my price range and I didn't really need the extra gain on offer so the Hurricane seemed like the best choice. I can't recommend it enough, it has an amazing thick, creamy smooth chocolately overdrive. Just lovely
i haven't much experience trying out amps.
tell me, if i'm looking for an amp, do i need to go try out everything within my price range or just go by heart like "mesa ftw" or "soldano ftw"?
i'm just worried because high-end amps cost a bomb.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by necrophilic
i haven't much experience trying out amps.
tell me, if i'm looking for an amp, do i need to go try out everything within my price range or just go by heart like "mesa ftw" or "soldano ftw"?
i'm just worried because high-end amps cost a bomb.

You should DEFFINETLY try out amps if you're going to be spending alot. Without question. I spent a total of about 5 hours split over 2 days trying different amps before I settled for the Cornford.

At first I was a Marshall guy but then I realised, sod the name, I should just follow my ears. Never buy an amp because of the name I say, just get what sounds best to you, don't restrict at all