Page 1 of 3
I know it's blasphemous, but this season, the last two episodes especially I really am losing my love affair with Top Gear. For my whole life I have been a huge petrol head, I have followed Formula 1 and motorsport since the age of around 6/7 and have loved Top Gear since the age of about 11/12. I just think that recently (latest season) the show has really been deteriorating.

I loved the first episode, the Police cars was a great feature and a good way to kick the season off. On the whole though, I just feel that TG has got to be too much of a "sketch show based around cars" than a car show with fairly humorous presenters. Whether it be Clarkson's painful "on the internet I found this" routine, and other such "hilarious things" or the badly scripted banter/ guest interviews. They also seem to have ran out of features, OK the F1 car test, 24hr race, and Robin launch were great, but besides that what've they got? The age old cheap cars etc. it just seems to be getting very tired.

Please don't tell me tis just I who thinks this show's falling apart.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Yep, they're running out of ideas and it's starting to feel old. But I still love it.
Still great I think, I really dont watch it much for the "cars" but for the races and challanges they do.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
Still great I think, I really dont watch it much for the "cars" but for the races and challanges they do.

doesnt everyone?

They review cars no-one who watches is going to be able to buy anyway.. £100,000+ Ferraris etc
Yeah same i watch it for races and challenges... they should do something liek that american one again lol

that was a really good one.
I think the show is improving. then again i only watch it for the comedy.
Quote by smb
It's still better than old TG.

This. I hope they do more of the specials, the Africa and North Pole ones etc.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by uvq
Yeah same i watch it for races and challenges... they should do something liek that american one again lol

Very true.
Bring back Top Gear Dog! He WAS the show!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by uvq

You could tell it was scripted but it was funny as hell anyway.
My favourite was the one in Kenya or Nambia, i forget, but it had the salt plains
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Bring back Top Gear Dog! He WAS the show!
What happened to the dog? All of a sudden he just disappeared

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I thought Sundays was not as good as usual. However, I thought the Japan episode was fantastic.
I still enjoy watching it, just not as much as i used to, i've also now seen like all the ones dave has to offer
still want to see the veyron go round the track, i reckon it would be slower than clarkson seems to think
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by Zero-Hartman
He was probably stolen by Vikki B-H.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
This. I hope they do more of the specials, the Africa and North Pole ones etc.

The North Pole episode was so intense... who does that? Honestly
Quote by Small Print
I thought Sundays was not as good as usual. However, I thought the Japan episode was fantastic.

Yeah... poor bill oddie...

NOT!

TG is still as awsome as ever
What annoys me is when they do the races, they're like "we're going to have a race blah blah" but they always take like 314131 camera vehicles. For example the north pole one, they had like 3 other 4x4's with like 10 spare tyres on and they try and make out the did it all by themselves. Another exaple, Jeremy getting "lost" in Tokyo.. apart from the fact he has like 2 other cars following him everywhere.

I do realise this is a stupid complaint, but it really annoys me for some reason
Quote by smb
He was probably stolen by Vikki B-H.

Or burnt with the cool board by Jason Plato

And ^ Yea, it was brilliant Them having Gin and Tonic while Richard was busting his balls cracked me up a lot

Edit: @ 2 posts up
Double edit: Oh yea ^, when they did the gorge race there were cameras conveniently placed on corners right near the top for a 2 second shot too. Unless they place hundreds of cameras, I doubt that it's real

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Well TG Dog is actually Richard Hammond's dog. So I presume he's either dead, or at Hamster's house.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
didnt they nearly all quit because the producers wanted to make it less cars, more funnies.

the latest batch arent as entertaining as the old stuff, and it seems more and more set up

im off to watch it on dave methinks
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i always wonder how they race with cameras...
they must either have lots of cameras placed or

race first then do it again and make it like more interesting.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Well TG Dog is actually Richard Hammond's dog. So I presume he's either dead, or at Hamster's house.

how very morbit
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Still wanna see a Veyron lap the track, it'll be nowhere near the F1 car, but still intersting.
Apparently, I look like a young James May

He is the funniest presenter. I love how he always goes ****! when something goes wrong.

Hammond's 'There not that eagle eyed' was hilarious.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
didnt they nearly all quit because the producers wanted to make it less cars, more funnies.

I thought it was the other way around, every one complaining its not about cars any more?

TG is still amazing, I dont mind that its not always hilarious because it isnt suppose to be, but when they do do stupid stuff its f**king brilliant!

It does bother me that all the races they do are quite obviously fake.

I laughed when stig was driving that sh!tty car round the cones on sunday and Clarkson goes 'some say thats his real car'

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind

It does bother me that all the races they do are quite obviously fake.

Clarkson said himself that they are made to be close.
I think it's great personally, but I've only watched the last two series
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Quote by TEK34
Apparently, I look like a young James May

He is the funniest presenter. I love how he always goes ****! when something goes wrong.

Hammond's 'There not that eagle eyed' was hilarious.

I've got it worse, not only do I alegedley look like him I apparently have his mannerisms. At school it's just as common for me to be called "James" "May" or "Granddad" rather than "Cal".
Quote by Cal UK
I've got it worse, not only do I alegedley look like him I apparently have his mannerisms. At school it's just as common for me to be called "James" "May" or "Granddad" rather than "Cal".

we should make a James May lookalike group
Quote by Cal UK

Be better if they called you Cptn Slow!
Quote by sam b
What annoys me is when they do the races, they're like "we're going to have a race blah blah" but they always take like 314131 camera vehicles. For example the north pole one, they had like 3 other 4x4's with like 10 spare tyres on and they try and make out the did it all by themselves. Another exaple, Jeremy getting "lost" in Tokyo.. apart from the fact he has like 2 other cars following him everywhere.

I do realise this is a stupid complaint, but it really annoys me for some reason

I kinda feel that too but I'd probably prefer quality footage over Jeremy just there on his handheld camera or whatever.

Funny when James was on the ****ty camera for a while in Japan though.
i still adore it

specially as i get to drive next year!!!

dont think its getting old, theres new cars coming out all the time! lol
Quote by Cal UK
Still wanna see a Veyron lap the track, it'll be nowhere near the F1 car, but still intersting.

i dont thnk it would beat the koneigsegg cause of handling and it takes a while to buld up speed!
Quote by Surfer Rosa
I kinda feel that too but I'd probably prefer quality footage over Jeremy just there on his handheld camera or whatever.

Funny when James was on the ****ty camera for a while in Japan though.

That was a classic.

I think some cameras may be placed - as the routes are pre-planned so the race is fair and even.

But they are followed by a big crew - so they may have two always with a car, and one going ahead to set up a camera - film a shot - catch up, while another crew go ahead.

But I don't know :P.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
the crew go and refilm the shots the 2 or 3 days after the actual race
Page 1 of 3