Hey, i was listening to in utero, and then i listened to the lyrics for Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, and some of the lyrics ie
'It's so relieving
To know that you're leaving as soon as you get paid'
could either relate to kurt being pissed at the manager and record company types, or a possible reference to courtney love - a hidden message perhaps?

It's so soothing
To know that you'll sue me, this is starting to sound the same

again im thinking it could be about the obvious, or about courtney. but the interesting bit is 'this is starting to sound the same' to me means that kurt probably felt like he was just having to pump out more hits, and he felt like his songs always crapped on about the same stuff and had the same format and sound everytime, and he knew it. any way the next interesting thing is that there is a riff in the song that follows the melody of the bass line to come as you are, but with powerchords, and then there is the section in the middle of the song that sounds to me like a sarcastic hint at smells like teen spirit, just in the rythym of the chords, and that part goes for quite a while. now i know the song is supposed to be about the actress frances farmer, but im thinking it was more about kurt feeling like her, and being bored and agry with his life. and actually bothering to openly admit it about how musically lazy feels.

so pretty much yeah just wondered if anyone else made that connection, im probably going to get my head ripped off for jumping in the Pit though
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
good song, but its about frances farmer, not himself.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I'm pretty sure it's about Frances Farmer
Can't quite recollect the story, but she got raped and beaten and called crazy because she thought women should be treated equally.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
I even like Nirvana, but seriously, this doesn't fucking belong here.

Post in the Nirvana thread.