I'm looking to get a something that will give me sort of a Family Force 5/Reel Big Fish/Blink 182 distortion sound.. if anyone can help that'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, what is the difference between OD and Distortion pedals???!
Quote by Goldenglove
As far as my knowledge and experience go, a Distortion pedal has more gain than an OD one

not necessarily.

A distortion pedal produces a hard-clipped signal to give a rough edged sound, which is usually best when used through a clean amp. Overdrive is a smoother sound which resembles tube amp breakup, and is generally used to add more saturation/gain to a tube amp's overdrive channel. Also as a general rule, solid state amp breakup is referred to as distortion while tube amp breakup is referred to as overdrive.

What amp do you have?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Tom Delonge used Mesa Boogie Lonestar or F Series Amps with his signature Strat which a Seymour Duncan Invader pickup.
Synester Gates of Avenged Sevenfold uses a pair of Invaders in his Signature too and you hear that punchy sound in his tone too.

So its not so much the distortion as the tone of the pickups that give you the sound, imo
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
I'm really wanting to push over that sound from guitar to have a distorted bass sound. I have a pretty ****ty bass at the moment, but I'm hoping to get a new one soon, but the amp I'm using is a Fender Rumble 15watt