I need advice from someone more experienced then me on here.

The song Classical Gas, granted if I play it fast enough, and utilise techniques like Wootens double thumb thing perhaps... Would it be possible to do this song, with at least 90% of the notes still in it?
I like to think of this as my OMEGA-ULTRA-DELTA-HYPER long term 'project' that I wish to do.
I strongly dislike anything with more than 4 strings (im sorry people) and I know that there are many notes that are absolutely all over the place and Id have to nearly re-write the song, so to speak.

I dont know that much what Im talking about, but is it actually possible in your opinion?
Id love to be able to do it on bass, with all the popping, thumbing, and etc etc, I reckon it would sound awesome if properly done.

Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

It would probably involve a lot more two handed tapping than slapping and popping.

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
thought you were GASing for some sort of classical bass.

just practice as much as you can, make it a learning experience.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
thought you were GASing for some sort of classical bass.

just practice as much as you can, make it a learning experience.

Thats what I thought
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I've had myself a quick look through, and the first 37 bars aren't much hassle if you can tap. The main problem you may have is hand positioning, making sure you don't mix your fingers up.

EDIT: popping and double thumbing would ruin it., sound wise. If you want, I'll tab up my idea of the first 37 bars.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jul 22, 2008,
Deliriumbassist, I for one would like to see your idea for the first 37 bars, if you don't mind.
Would the notes ring out all the time too long? For it to sound good would I have to mute everything?
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Try Jumping Jack Flash instead.

It's a gas gas gas.
So an irishman walks out of a bar.
the composer is Mason Williams. i'm thinking the tabs are available here at UG,
i'm also thinking it could be adapted to bass, although it is written for classical guitar.
the song, btw, is one of my alltime favs!.
The problem is, playing the melody down on the low end of the fretboard doesn't sound great, it's too low. So if you shift the melody up beyond the 12th fret, it sounds nice and bright and nice (again). But that also means you'd probably need a high C string.