Hi... Can some recommend me a program that can separate drums,vocals,guitars individuality from the mp3 or wma file that i chose. Thx ahead ! Cheers
There isn't one.

There are some that TRY, but it doesn't work as well as you'd expect.
It's not possible. When you record, you record a bunch of individual tracks. When you export it as a finished track, all the tracks get mixed together into two tracks, a left and right track. So no, you can't separate the various instruments.
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
It's not possible. When you record, you record a bunch of individual tracks. When you export it as a finished track, all the tracks get mixed together into two tracks, a left and right track. So no, you can't separate the various instruments.

That's right. LukkaJovicVp, the only chance that you can possibly do that, is to go to the record label and tell them you want the tracks. But the chance of you getting them is minimal. So your best bet would be to check if the songs on Guitar Hero III. when they made it, they had the individual tracks from the record labels, so they actually had the original voice/guitar/drum/bass etc. If you want One for example, you can go to the training part of the game to isolate the guitar/drum/bass
I think that'd work with Rock Band too.

Otherwise your request is nearly impossible, and no software alone can possibly do it.
Thx people, i knew that something like that doesn't exist but i thought i could give a try and ask anyway ;D Thx ... Cheers !!!
There's an Mp3 player, or some kind of software update coming out that will be able to separate this kind of stuff, or isolate it more. For now, it doesn't exist though.
Last edited by fob12 at Jul 22, 2008,
I have heard there are programs that CAN do it, but only to a certain degree. Don't look at me, I am just spouting recycled information.

that would be awesome, if such a program existed
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
You know what's weird...

...someone I know once had a pair of headphones that were more or less busted - they were like a half-dead guitar cable, you had to twist the jack about to try and get them to work. But sometimes, if she twisted the jack right, she would get just the rhythm guitar, or just the drums, or something like that.

No idea how that worked.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by TheUnholy
You know what's weird...

...someone I know once had a pair of headphones that were more or less busted - they were like a half-dead guitar cable, you had to twist the jack about to try and get them to work. But sometimes, if she twisted the jack right, she would get just the rhythm guitar, or just the drums, or something like that.

No idea how that worked.

She was probably just getting the part that was supposed come through the left headphone at one point then when she moved the cable it gave her the part that was supposed to come out of the right headphone.

If it was this then all you have to do is take out a headphone to get that part, otherwise i don't know.

Quote by MetalHead324
get guitar pro 5 with the RSE packs, and then download pro tabs.

Yes, but unless the stuff you listen to is very, very mainstream then you will eventually find a song you want to play that doesn't have a guitar pro tab (or any tab at all, as often happens to me).

To TS, i suggest just tabbing the songs out yourself (maybe get a drummer to do the drums). This way you will train your ear, play songs you like, not have to rely on other people's GP tabs, and get a stack of points when you submit them on UG .
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by Archaon
There isn't one.

There are some that TRY, but it doesn't work as well as you'd expect.

there is,
songsurgeon is supposed to be good

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next